Incipio Feather the thinnest case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Vandam500, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Vandam500 macrumors 68000

Vandam500

2. kate-willbury macrumors 6502a

it's thin yes. but it's hardly a case. nothing more than just a cheap way to change the colour of your iPhone at the cost of displaying a huge ugly incipio logo .

3. BIG BOSS macrumors member

BIG BOSS

4. jacobgaul macrumors regular

that and the power support air jacket.. i currently own one but i think ill be making the switch to incipio

5. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

6. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

yeah I got one, and its the thinnest. I also have an incase protective case, and a clear shield but I use the incipio feather the most since its the thinnest.

7. pbkiller macrumors regular

Its the thinnest... EVER. The only bad thing is that the soft rubber touch tends to get dirty easily (i have the white one, it got dirty like in 3 days of use)... Now its not white, its gray...

8. thabends macrumors member

Have any of you had problems with the feather scratching your bezel? It ruined mine. The uncovered bottom part is in much better condition than the "protected" parts.

9. Vandam500 thread starter macrumors 68000

Vandam500

Oh noes!!! Are you for real??? I was just about to order it!!! Anybody else have the Feather scratch your Bezel???

10. thabends macrumors member

yeah, I'm not very anal about this kind of thing either, i don't mind the way it naturally wears at all, but this was pretty bad.

11. jacobgaul macrumors regular

power support has ruined mine as well but the bottom/top are fine..

12. thabends macrumors member

It's pretty sad that these "scratch protection" cases scratch the sh*t out of the phone.

13. jacobgaul macrumors regular

yep. such is life tho. its not to big of a deal, its only the side bezels and i have a neon blue/green incipio feather on the way to me.. should be here by friday so im very excite (borat):p

14. studio¹³¹ macrumors 6502

studio¹³¹

my bezel is fine and my phone gets tossed around quite a bit. the other day i finally took the feather off and noticed a load of dust / dirt in the cover -- it didnt scratch the phone at all but noticed the silver apple logo had minor scratching (probably my fault for not checking the dirt situation for a month) -- something had to scratch this phone at some point :rolleyes: ...

15. ravensfan55 macrumors 6502

The left bezel on mine was massacred, I'm guessing since there is a large opening for the volume rocker and silent switch that allows dirt to get in. Every other side was pristine. A friend had some Radtech Ice Creme that fixed my destroyed bezel back to new.

16. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

Just an fyi, those super thin cases will not protect your iphone against drops.

17. jacobgaul macrumors regular

pretty sure people know that previous to buying them..

fail @ your comment.. sorry had to do it.

18. calvy macrumors 65816

Not exactly true. I have an Elago Designs case on mine, which I think is similar to the feather. It has saved the back plastic of my iPhone from gashes in a few falls. No it's not going to do much if I toss it off the roof of my house into the street. But for the minor slips, it helps.

And my chrome is only scratched from the times I've dropped it and it's managed to hit the chrome.

19. thabends macrumors member

I bought mine for scratch protection, not drop. It did the exact opposite of what i bought it/it was made for. Does the Ice Cream stuff really work? I was going to brush the bezel.