Incipio Feather White (on white 3GS)

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by m4rkie23, Jul 3, 2009.

1. m4rkie23 macrumors member

this case if perfect. couldnt ask for more! heres a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rayfire macrumors 68020

Rayfire

Not to burst your bubble, but I'm afraid that will have stain/discoloration issues after use.

3. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

It's a terrible combination as far as I'm concerned. I'm returning my white incipio soon. It's stained in 3 days. 2 bluish black lines. 3 days. Ugh. You'll hate it soon.

4. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

Moshi iGlaze Milk White

I just bought a milk white Moshi iGlaze case. It's beautiful and looks similar to the Incipio, but the Apple logo shows in the back. I've used it for a few days now and it's great. If it starts to discolor, I plan to wash it with water and baking soda. That should clean it up quite nicely.

P.S. My iPhone is black and the black phone/white case combo looks very nice.

5. toxictrix macrumors 6502a

Yep, I have one and it did stain a bit but whatever. Better to get the case nasty looking then my phone. I liked it a lot though. I have white feather on black 3GS.

6. Alexwithad macrumors 6502

Man, you're bezel looks nice! But not for long with that case haha :)

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

8. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

although i have my reservations about this case staying 'clean', Im using it as well. Same one. My former case was the Air Jacket.

It does cover the phone better than the Power Support Air Jacket. It wraps around the top and corners more than the Air Jacket did. It is manufactured in such a way that the finish wont wear off like the air jacket.

The air jacket leaves about half the bezel exposed (top to bottom) and it worked well on my old phone, it looked sharp, but upon selling my 3g the only place it had wear was on the sides of the bezel where the air jacket went halfway up the sides and rubbed.

The incipio seems to cover more of the phone and hold onto it tighter so it shouldnt wiggle and rub like the air jacket did.

I have to give some credit to the air jacket though, after having it on my phone for about 6 months, the back of the phone was pristine when i went to go sell it. I feel like the incipio is one step above the air jacket. Its a minimalist case/cover. Like Air Jacket 2.0

But i may be switching to black if this white one get to look ratty which i can almost see coming

9. sm0 macrumors regular

What are the included screen shields like that come with the incipio feather? Are they as good as the PS Crystal film? Cheers

10. SuperKat macrumors regular

Clorox CleanUp

That Clorox CleanUp spray also cleans up white cases nicely.

11. sneeks macrumors 6502a

After only one day of use my white Feather case has two horrible discoloured streaks running down the back of it. They appeared while the phone was left flat on top of the iPhone screen cleaning cloth and connected to the Mac doing a full restore. I'm not sure if it reacts to the increased heat output by the iPhone.

12. N16K macrumors newbie

13. meagain macrumors 68030

I have a BSE skin on mine. Found the Feather at AT&T with NO LOGO on the back (just the inside) in white for $5 a pop. Works great with the skin tho I'd rather they allow for a lay on the table design just a tad.

14. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

drop tested Incipio Feather!

well yesterday at work I field tested drop durability of our 3GS in the Feather. I have the same case as the OP... If this mishap had happened with my Power Support Air Jacket it would have been a completely different outcome, because of the material type and wrap around of the air jacket.

my phone was at ear level, almost 6 feet, it slipped out of my hand as I swung my head and it launched my phone straight down hitting the concrete directly on the top corner of the phone/case. Surprisingly enough, i didnt drop the call, the phone is intact and the case suffered only large gouges. When it hit the ground it flipped onto its back so i was thankful the screen didnt go sliding across the concrete slab. The phone was perpendicular to the concrete when it hit the corner, the corner took the full force of the drop.

If it had been the air jacket i think the case would have shattered and it would have almost certinly caused more damage to the top of the phone and the bezel since the air jacket leaves that part of the phone open.

when i took the feather off my phone to check it, i did notice that over the past 2 weeks or so there has been some rubbing of the feather onto the side bezels of the phone. nothing too significant.

15. m4rkie23 thread starter macrumors member

well mine is doing well so far. just took the case off and the bezel is fine. there is a slight scratch on the bit that the case doesnt cover, but its a phone that is use daily so i expect minor damage.

so far i can complain about the case at all. still in perfect condition, perfectly white, no damage to phone and still very happy!!

16. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

Is it just the white one you guys have had problems with? I've got a green one on my black iPhone and it's great! No problems, scratches, marks...nothing.

17. sneeks macrumors 6502a

I think it's just the white case which has problems with marking. 10/10 to Incipio customer service though. I emailed them about my 1 day old and marked white Feather case and they replied with the offer of a brand new free of charge black case which has now been posted to me. :)

18. kicko macrumors 65816

Same thing here, i was sent a black replacement case. As for the white one i took very fine sandpaper and went to town on it. Now it has a slightly rough texture but it will not get dirty anymore :)

19. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

Hmmm I bought the white incipio feather aswell straight from their website, but mine doesnt have the writing on the back? :confused:

20. AGIPSY macrumors regular

that's odd, does it have one of those see through stickers instead??

21. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

No idea, I called tech support and they said it was a batch of blank cases and they'd send me a replacement :cool:
    Hope they actually do!

22. anjinha macrumors 604

anjinha

Looks pretty good. I just bought the black one.

23. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I have the white and the pink. The white gets horribly dirty FAST, and the pick one is stained slightly blue from being inside my jeans pockets.

Also, I have used this case, and the equivalent case from Power Support (the Air Jacket) on two different phones and the bezel right under where the case lays got horrible scratches running perpendicular to the length of the phone.

Good luck with yours...

24. lacker macrumors member

lacker

Never buy such causes in white , learnt my lesson from the moshi iGlaze white. It looks and feels great but well the case looks horrible after constant usage.

25. sneeks macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7C97d Safari/528.16)

My replacement black Feather arrived from Incipio today, unfortunately they have sent a damaged one :( It has a large split down one side. Hopefully they will send another. The black case is gorgeous.