Incipio feather

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by richxps, Oct 18, 2012.

1. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

All is this a good snap case for the I5 ? Can someone post up pics and also let me know if this can be bought at a best buy or att store?
    Thanks

2. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

You can buy one at walmart. They have 30 day return policy.

3. AnthonySmith macrumors 6502

AnthonySmith

Loving my grey feather on my iP5. Matches up well with the colors on the sides of the black version.

4. SmithErick macrumors member

Here is my white phone in the gray feather. Let me know if I can help with anything else. The gray one doesn't affect reception. I don't have experience with the shine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. VandyMan2009 macrumors newbie

I don't know why but I am a big fan of that little dip next to the camera that incipio has incorporated into all of their cases now.

6. j0nblayz macrumors member

j0nblayz

dont get the matte finished ones, i used mine for about a week and already the matte coating is coming off everywhere on the case, looks horrible. Took it off and went back to caze case for now.

7. SmithErick macrumors member

Ive been using mine for a few weeks and no problems here nor with my girlfriends. What color did you get, maybe bad batch?

8. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

I've been using one for several weeks. When I read several posts that complained about the finish coming off, I checked; and saw a few small scratches on the bottom where some grey metallic color was showing through the black matte finish. Disappointed, but I continued using the case. Haven't seen any additional problems. So far the scratches aren't a big problem, and I really like the case vs some others I've tried. Sounds like Incipio has some quality control issues, though.

9. j0nblayz macrumors member

j0nblayz

Hopefully its a bad batch, mines black. All started with the corners on mine also, noticed that the corners were slowly peeling. Got worse over the days, i think putting my pocket and out probably caused the peeling to get worse. It was to the point that i was able to grab a bit of the finish and peel it right off.

10. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

11. richpuer macrumors 6502

Hated mine. Worse than previous feathers in terms of quality and it made creaking noises because it was not completely flush on the phone. Rushed production probably.

12. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

I have several of these minimalist cases, and all are pretty nice. The feather looks nice, but a couple of the corners would snap loose a little while in my pocket, so I would need to push them back onto the phone. Never had a problem with flaking, however.

The SGP is almost perfect. Less of a matte finish, so a little more slippery. Looks really nice on the phone.

Another alernative I like better than the Feather is the Photive Slim. Nice matte finish, and no flaking so far. There are a couple slight ridges on the back that are kind of nice for keeping it off the table. The matte finish gives more grip than the SGP.

I also have an Elago alternative, but just did not like the seam that runs around the side. It's subtle, but kind of bugged me anyway.

13. DarwinOSX macrumors 65816

Looks like the Incase snap is a better quality option.

14. kevroc macrumors 6502

The feather is better if you sand down the top and bottom edges (especially the bottom) as it extends just a touch past the phone and is somewhat sharp causing it to not be very comfortable to hold. If you sand it down so that it's flush (or almost so) with the bottom of the phone it is considerably better. Also, I cut off the thin strip where the volume/silent buttons are so there is no barrier when I want to change volume, it was a bit of a hassle having that little strip there.

These changes just brought it back in line with the style of the feather on the iPhone 4 :)

It went from a case I disliked to a case I love with those minor changes.