Incipio Feather

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by DanUC6, Nov 2, 2014.

1. DanUC6 macrumors 6502a

I just ordered one in grey for my plus. Hopefully it will be in soon. I couldn't find any stores with it in stock except for pink. I tried it on anyways to see the fit. The fit is great and thin. The matte back is nice and adds the perfect amount of grip. It's thinner than the Apple leather case and leaves the buttons exposed which I prefer. This, I hope, will end the search for now.

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

The search never ends. I've already did 6 different cases; 5 returned and the current one being returned tomorrow.

3. AE14 macrumors 65816

I have been in the same boat. Everything I get I return. Can't seem to settle on any. Only ones I seem content with have been the protector and the NGP.

4. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Any of you have the feather?? Is this doesn't work I'm going naked. Enough is enough.

5. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Had the protector but just didn't grow on me. Returning a Candyshell red/black tomorrow. Nice case but the spinning top is annoying. I may just settle on the Speck grip white/black. With a white face screen any color but black or gray just doesn't look right. The Apple silicone is nice but how could they not cover the bottom? Some of us don't care about docking.

Anyway, happy hunting!!

6. AE14 macrumors 65816

You as well. Did you try the NGP? It's boring but a good case

7. Cherish macrumors member

I'm also looking for a case without front lip that also have exposed buttons and protects the protruding camera. The grip has to be good too.

So far only Incipio Feather & Power Support Black rubber met those requirements. Waiting to see how yours turn out.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I did see it at Microcenter and the only issue is minimal face down screen protection. And if you have a glass SP it won't protect it. I got an Incipio dual pro a few weeks ago (it was their print design). I liked it but it would slide off the chair arm when laying there. It's strange but the weight of the phone inside the case caused the slippery back of the dual pro to slide.

Yep its a tough hunt.

9. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

One more day and I will be able to give you my thoughts.

10. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well my gray incipio feather has arrived. It's awesome. It's thin, grippy, perfect button access. It is the best. I have tried the apple silicone and leather. I tried the tech 21 and powersupport air jacket. I also tried a few on briefly at a local best buy. This is the case I've been waiting for. I would say that it feels like the silicone but a harder material. There is the slightest lip. If you lay it down the screen does not touch. Feel free to ask any questions.

Attached Files:

11. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

12. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

13. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

14. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

15. Cherish macrumors member

Thanks for the pics. Is the lip larger than the Power Support or are they the exactly the same?

16. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I would say slightly larger. Still able to swipe. Apple cases make it annoying.

17. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

After a full day my feelings are mixed. It definitely shows grease marks and is a bit slippery than I thought. The raised edge clearly is not large enough because when faced down I received my first scratch. It's too bad because the swiping motion was great. Probably just going to stick with the brown Apple case. I will give it another day or so.

18. Jigga macrumors 6502

Grease marks? Can it be cleaned easily?

19. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Yes it can. I've been using this case since about a week after release it's been fantastic. The inside even has this textured pad stuff that faces the body of the phone to prevent the case from rubbing the phone body while pressed in ur pocket. At least that's what I think it's purpose is.

The edge wraps around just enough to cover the body sides as shown above.

The texture is slippery enough to work well w jeans but grippy enough to feel planted in your hands. It's perfect.

I wish it were a hair thinner overall but compared to what's out there this has been one fantastic case.

20. dianestory2 macrumors 6502

I'm thinking that I like the leathery cases better. The pictures above- those cases look a little...tacky? Idk, not to be rude

21. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

Dude it's a feather, not an otter box. Get a grip.

22. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

Not digging it either... Kinda ugly if you ask me...beside, don't those cases can scratch the phone easy since its a hard case?

23. B737 macrumors 6502a

B737

It has a soft inner liner

24. BensonTT macrumors regular

BensonTT

The edges..

25. DanUC6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ordered a black feather from Amazon. What I like about these cases is the no lip. I like being able to swipe from the side. The grip on these are great. Cheap on Amazon too.