Incipio Frequency at AT&T Superb Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by corey407woc, Sep 21, 2012.

1. corey407woc macrumors member

Just picked up the Incipio Frequency in Black and have to say this is one sweet case. Reminds me of the NGP but with a little bit of more style with the back design. Same exact material from NGP and has very tactile buttons and low profile and lay on table design. If you mention if they can apply an instore discount they will. Rep gave me 25% off came out to 23.98

using spg ultra clear screen protector with this and amazing combo

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

3. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

I wish I would have known about the discount. I got mine full price at AT&T. Still, it's awesome case and I think it's the one I'm going to stick with. Doesn't add much bulk and the material is perfect.

4. dbpharrison macrumors newbie

Any photographs, or comments on fit?

I want to get either this, or the pixelskin HD. I had an original NGP for my 4, but the fit wasn't great, hoping this will be better as I fancy a change from the pixelskin.

5. Simgar988 macrumors 65816

Simgar988

I got this at radio shack for 30$ because it was the only brand I reconized. Never had an icipio case before but this one is fabulous! Feels so slim yet sturdy, the plastic has good texture and doesn't slip. Te design is cool and... I can plug in bulky accessories into the headphone jack unlike with te bumper and my 4s.

5/5 stars provisionally. We will see!

I got black

6. jreale05 macrumors regular

I like this case. Does this one have a hard outer shell and a rubber inner piece? Or is it all plastic?

7. misterjay macrumors regular

THIS CASE IS AWESOME!

It's a soft rigid case.. not hard.. somewhat rubbery (idk the material) but its a mixture of both.

8. Six8 macrumors 65816

Six8

9. cfairbank, Sep 22, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2012

cfairbank macrumors 6502

The Incipio NGP has been my all time favorite case for my 4 and 4S. Picked up the Frequency today and very happy. The NGP cases have been very durable and have provided me with a ton of protection in a simple case. Highly Recomend!

[​IMG]

10. dbpharrison macrumors newbie

Looks nice, same material as the NGP? Is the pattern just the same matwrial moulded smoothly?

11. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm waiting for the NGP case myself (its now posted on their website but black, grey are OOS). This might be a nice alternative if the materials are the same.

12. dbpharrison macrumors newbie

When I got my iPhone 4 I really wanted case with a smooth back, like the NGP. I ordered one, but when it eventually arrived it had the cutouts in slightly the wrong place, and the camera opening was too small & blocked the flash.

I then got a Speck pixelskin HD through the free case program, and was so pleased with it that I never sought a replacement for the NGP. I've became quite used to the texture on the back, I'm currently using a cheap eBay TPU case on my iPhone 5, and I'm already missing the additional grip from the texture. I think I'll go for the frequency, even though I aesthetically prefer cases with a smooth back.

13. luke707 macrumors member

I used to have a case by this brand for the iPhone 4. The bottom of the case near the home bottom seemed to sag after a while. In the pic above it looks slightly curved, or is that just the photo angle?

14. misterjay macrumors regular

I'm not too sure honestly, this is my first Incipio case and i'm in love with it. I had my second thoughts about picking it up when I was at Radioshack for my iPhone 5 but I dont regret it one single bit.

As far as the material goes.. it's very very smooth, not hard but not soft. soft rigid type of skin. Never had a NGP so I cant really comment on that comparison. The back is textured "the frequency image" and it's smooth.

all in all, a 5/5 case :)

@ luke, sorry - the photo is angled, well my positioning with the phone rather.

15. luke707 macrumors member

Ahh okay, thought it might have been!

I know you have the white one, but do you think it would be fine to fit on for the black iPhone 5 without scuffing the edges?

16. misterjay macrumors regular

It should be fine man.

I was super-extra careful when I was putting my case on. I dont intend to ever take it off unless I'm going to go ahead and get a screen protector. If I see any scuffs and what not.. i will report back to this thread. (should get a protector today).

17. ghsNick macrumors 68020

ghsNick

Where did you get yours?

Where did you get yours?

18. C-Dub macrumors member

If you want this case, radioshack is the best place. It's $25 with a screen protector, in retail incipio packaging. You can check the in store stock before heading out for one. AT&T is such a rip off charging $30 without the screen protector

19. JoltinJoe macrumors member

Does Incipio typically release new colors of these cases? I like the looks of the Frequency, hoping for more options though.

20. mitchlandry macrumors member

Walmart has these cases for ~20. Picked mine up from there.

21. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

22. Glideslope macrumors 601

Glideslope

Could not agree more. Ended up doing the same as you. I had ordered a Speck Pixel Skin HD, as I have always used this case since it's introduction.

It arrived today, and well, I'm very disappointed and it's going back. Very loose fit. Hardly any edge to protect the front glass in a drop. Feels paper thin.

This Incipio Frequency is one nice case if you prefer this style. Doubt the discount will be around once word gets out. :)

23. Pjstock42 macrumors regular

Anyone know if this will work with an angled headphone adapter such as the one found on the Beats Tour earbuds?

Almost bought this today but I ended up not going through with it as I was scared that my headphones wouldn't fit.

Thanks for any help.

24. ljx718 macrumors 6502

looks very nice, but how do you feel about rose being out most of this year. ( Not that it wouldve made a difference with the Heat in the east ;))