Incipio NGP cases

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by phearx, Oct 19, 2011.

1. phearx macrumors regular

So, I bought the NGP in a clear grey color. When I received the order on the box it came in it said "compatible with iphone 4s". I was a little worried about the fit not being correct around the mute switch, and lo and behold when I put on the case it doesn't fit correctly around the mute switch. I call Incipio up, and state the problem and they let me know that they are working on fixing all the colors to be compatible, but unfortunately right now the only thing they can offer is a refund or a different case. I decided against both options and just cut the case myself. It was relatively easy. I just wanted to give a heads up to all those looking for the case, your particular preference in color may not properly fit the 4s as of yet.

On a side note the customer service was great, and the case is amazing. Please don't misinterpret the thread as me bashing incipio.

2. CJisohsocool macrumors 6502

psh. Id tell em to send me another case too lol.

3. mr.popular macrumors newbie

Hi,

Thanks for your informative post. How did you cut your case? Can you show pictures of the result?

Thanks!

4. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

My wife has a red one, which came out prior to the 4S, and was supposed to be universal between CDMA/GSM. The cutout doesn't quite clear the mute switch.

But I was in an AT$T store on Monday am, and they had a black NGP; the cutout fit the mute switch perfectly, with room to spare all around the switch. So clearly the updated cases are in the wild, at least in black.

I almost bought one, but I had just purchased the Incase Hybrid Cover, and frankly, it's nearly identical, but more nicely finished.

5. phearx thread starter macrumors regular

Used a swiss army knife, kind of hard to do it with anything larger than a box cutter. It was relatively easy, just follow along the edge of the cutout.

Attached Files:

6. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Just got my 4S NGP case (Model #IPH-580). Same problem. Other than the mute button cutout, this case is perfect. Here's a pic:

[​IMG]

I called customer service and the rep said they were revising the design and their timeline for delivery is about a month. Once they get the new designs in they will ship the replacement free of charge.

7. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

^^^ this it's the red one ? i have the older version of the ngp it's grey i am looking one for a white iphone reds looks very cool and the grey transparent two people ho had this case on the white iphone please post pictures

8. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

This is the case I am buying to replace my POP. I am going with black so hopefully I'll get lucky and get a new one. Considering the volume Amazon does it shouldn't be a problem. Also considering I don't use the mute switch hardly every it's not a massive problem to start with. Thanks for the info OP.

9. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

10. Bluehinder macrumors member

I just got the same case, same problem with my 4S. This pisses me off as the web site says it's compatible, and so does the box. That should be illegal. I have an email into them. I'm down on Incipio because of this false advertising.

11. DIRSGT macrumors member

DIRSGT

If you want one that works on the iPhone 4s and do not mind mat black being your only option, then check out the AT&T store.

I got a Black Incipio case at the AT&T store for my iPhone 4s and it fits perfectly (maybe too perfectly as it is hard to remove). The box says Incipio Soft Shell but it is an NGP case. The box also states it is for the iPhone 4 but this one works on my 4s. Watch though, as some older Incipio NGP cases have a keyhole style opening for the back camera, which I have heard can cause a flashback issue. The one I purchased has an oval opening and no flashback issues. The only downside to the AT&T store is that it costs $24.99.

This is my second Incipio case with my first being for a 3GS. Love their cases as they are simple, yet durable.:cool:

12. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i have the older case for my iphone 4 the matte grey it's perfect i have it about a year but i am looking for one for white iphone the only thing to i do to the older one to fit the 4s in the mute it's burn the hole a little bit and it work

13. DIRSGT macrumors member

DIRSGT

Here is a photo to help in seeing the difference in the camera opening. Also, note no issue with the vibrate switch.

Attached Files: