Incipio NGP for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by magichoops7, Sep 27, 2012.

1. magichoops7 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have information on this case? Whether its in stores or when it will be?
    Right now I have the Otterbox Commuter. I do like the case but the NGP was best case I had for the 4s

2. cfairbank macrumors 6502

NGP has been my long time favorite case as well. I picked up the incipio frequency for my 5 at Walmart. It is made of the same TPU material as the NGP and was confirmed by in incipio before I bought it. Looking at pictures if the new NGP compared to the frequency they look identical except that the frequency has a design on back.

3. WesCole macrumors 6502a

I haven't heard anything about the NGP case, but it was the case I used on my 4S and it was great. I am thinking about going naked with the 5, though, but if I do get a case, it will be from Incipio.

4. ZipZap macrumors 601

5. RetroActive macrumors member

https://www.incipio.com/cases/iphon.../iphone-5-ngp-semi-rigid-soft-shell-case.html

"Coming soon"

----------

The frequency looks pretty cool, too. Is it a snap in, or a 2-piece slide in?

6. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Did Walmart have it in Mercury translucent?

7. cfairbank macrumors 6502

8. cfairbank macrumors 6502

They only had black, pink, and a green color. Almost missed it, wasn't with all the other cases but had a separate display. If you don't see them ask a sales rep.

9. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

Hi do you have the case? Is it good?

10. doubleaa macrumors regular

I had an NGP on my iPhone 4 for two years. Great case but for my 5 I picked up an Incase Slider from Best Buy because the NGP wasn't available yet.

I actually like the Incase better than the Incipio. It's less bulky and has a better feel.

11. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The Incipio Frequency is a really nice case, much nicer than the NGP I had on my iPhone 4.

12. JoltinJoe macrumors member

Has Incipio ever released more colors for a case after the initial launch? I have the translucent Mercury NGP on my iPad but want something a little more flashy for my iPhone.

13. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Looked today and they did have the frequency in mercury translucent.

14. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Thanks! Was it a super Walmart? We have several in my area.

15. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'll have to go search Walmarts then. Thanks for the heads up.

16. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

I owned an NGP for the 4 and 4S. I can state with certainty that the Rocketfish Soft Touch TPU (Best Buy house brand) case blows away the Incipio in fit and finish.

17. cfairbank macrumors 6502

Wasn't a super wal-mart but imagine they all will have them. Look closely because they sell the black and translucent. Look very much alike, almost missed it.

MCDJ: I cant speak from experience on the rocketfish since I have never used there products but I can say that I have been very impressed with incipio's quality. I have used the NGP on my 4 and 4s and both have held up better than any other case I have used including otterbox. The NGP has never lost its shape and it has never torn under use.