Incipio NGP recommendations

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by estockme, Oct 15, 2011.

1. estockme macrumors regular

I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this, but wanted to check for any last-minute recommendations.
    a-not too grippy or bulky? I carry it in my front pocket.
    b-fits in a dock with no product-specific adapters installed in the slot?
    c-feel of buttons? is the idea to protect them?
    d-obviously i have seen reports that the mute button doesn't line up. I'll double check on that before ordering.
    e-is the phone invincible? It would be nice if so...

or if there were some scientific way to do the drop test with different case styles... for now, though, it seems that short of something really bulky a slightly rubberish material that puts a lip over the front screen is the best balance of protection and style, while feather-style cases really do nothing except minimize contact with the antenna or glass back.

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

The NGP mute button does not quite line up for the 4S. Otherwise a great case in all the ways you mention. Alternately, the Incase Hybrid Cover is very similar, but with a rigid plastic bottom area....it looks like a slider but it's all one piece. Very cool. My only complaint is that my power support screen protector bubbles up a bit on the very bottom.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. estockme thread starter macrumors regular

thanks... yeah, i've wondered about some incase products as well, but i'd much rather trim out the hole than deal with bubbling... it is just a pet peeve for me that i cannot deal with like an adult.

4. xyfish macrumors member

Ordered one for my iphone(AT&T), found it a little bulky and sold it off. didnt quite like that the lip over the screen is abit too thick and messes with my typing abit:(

a-not too grippy or bulky? I carry it in my front pocket.