Incipio NGP vs. Rocketfish Soft Shell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weezerr, Oct 3, 2012.

1. weezerr macrumors member

Does anyone have experience with both of these cases? Looking for a minimal but protective case with a good fit.

Thanks!

2. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

I returned my Rocketfish soft shell today. Just didn't like the feel of it; the sides are not rounded to match the bottom. Hard to describe. For now I got the Belkin Blue/Lt. Gray grip candy sheer. The sleep button feels much better than the rocket fish. But the only small gripe is the mute switch is harder to access but more than acceptable.

Waiting for the Incipio EdgePro to be released. But I will keep the Belkin as a backup to whatever main case I get.

3. Blueline29 macrumors 68020

Blueline29

FWIW, I like TPU cases so I ordered a couple from an eBay seller in OH that arrived today; they're basically identical to the Rocketfish soft case and cost less than $5 apiece. The only difference I can see is that the sleep/wake button is a TINY bit less responsive (but still not difficult to push, by any means) than on the Rocketfish. Every other detail is identical. I really like the Rocketfish and would have just stuck with that one but wanted translucent color, which they didn't offer (or don't offer yet), so I found a pink and a green knockoff from this other seller.

I haven't had an NGP since my 3GS because they quit making them translucent, but the ones I got today remind me a great deal of it, or at least how it was back then.