Incipio NGP Vs. Speck PixelSkin HD

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JMies419, Feb 16, 2012.

1. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I have a Incipio NGP but was thinking about ordering a Speck PixelSkin HD for my iPhone 4s. My question is, how big of a difference is there between these two cases? If they are pretty much the same other than the design on the back of the PixelSkin I probably won't order it. Anyone have experiance with both and can speak about any big differences between the two or which they prefer? Thanks!

2. k3roro macrumors 6502

Based on my experience using both cases, the PixelSkin HD felt nicer in the hands for me.

The lips for lay-on-table design for the PixelSkin HD is thinner than the Incipio NGP. The PixelSkin HD also felt wider and flatter than the Incipio NGP. The design on the back, while purefly for aesthecs

I prefer to the PixelSkin HD and during one time it was my favorite case.

3. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

Do you have a screen protector on your phone? I have the power support crystal shields on mine, probably will bother them though, my NGP doesnt.

4. andyx3x, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2014

andyx3x macrumors 65816

No, the PixelSkin HD is very easy to take on and off. It's a rubber type case.

5. k3roro macrumors 6502

I had screen protectors on my phone since Day 1, the Power Support Anti-Glare.

The screen protector didn't affect either cases.

6. JMies419 thread starter macrumors 6502

With the PixelSkin on the phone with the Power Support films, did the care seem to creak or make a sound when squeezing the sides of the phone?

7. k3roro macrumors 6502

When I had the Power Support Film on, the PixelSkin HD would sometimes make a sound when squeezing the sides of the phone. I'm a very picky person so I noticed this. If you were to ask other people they probably wouldn't even notice it.

I think it's just the internals of the PixelSkin HD rubbing against the side of the screen protector, you will feel something but it doesn't go as far as to lift your screen protector or bubble it.