Incipio NGP ?

Ourphones

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
I am surprised iLounge and Wired have changed their number 1 recommended iphone 6/+ from the candyshell grip to the NGP.

I've seen and held the NGP and didn't seem to offer much protection, especially compared to the grip.

Any feedback on the NGP?

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
I am surprised iLounge and Wired have changed their number 1 recommended iphone 6/+ from the candyshell grip to the NGP.

I've seen and held the NGP and didn't seem to offer much protection, especially compared to the grip.

Any feedback on the NGP?

It doesn't provide a huge amount of protection but I LOVE my NGP. I think the feel, look, and grip of it are perfect. The only gripe I have with it is its a little thick. Drop protection isn't something I worry about since I've never dropped my phone, I just need some scratch protection. It's the only reason I haven't purchased a RhinoShield Crash Guard, I'm not keen on leaving the back of the phone naked.

Ourphones

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
It doesn't provide a huge amount of protection but I LOVE my NGP. I think the feel, look, and grip of it are perfect. The only gripe I have with it is its a little thick. Drop protection isn't something I worry about since I've never dropped my phone, I just need some scratch protection. It's the only reason I haven't purchased a RhinoShield Crash Guard, I'm not keen on leaving the back of the phone naked.
How's the front lip on the NGP?

I've seen the RhinoShield on youtube and it looks impressive for a bumper case. Is there any feedback on this case?
Would installing a tempered glass on the back case offer enough protection?

AE14

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I do like the NGP, but felt it didn't provide enough protection. I am no klutz by any means, but it didn't seem to offer anything.

I constantly swap out different cases, but I do seem settled on the commuter. For $28 through amazon its a good deal

Ourphones

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2015
The NGP is nice, but check out the ZooGue Social Pro. Great quality and great value for $10 bucks. I posted some thoughts and pics here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=20705536&highlight=zoogue#post20705536

ZooGue drop test: http://youtu.be/LgC43ftXcW8
ZooGue seems like a nice slim case. I prefer more protection.

How do pressing the buttons on the Magpul compare to Candyshell Grip? Which is a thicker case?
I'm satisfied with the Candyshell buttons, but the Thule was even better.

scjr

macrumors 68020
Jan 28, 2013
How do pressing the buttons on the Magpul compare to Candyshell Grip? Which is a thicker case?
I'm satisfied with the Candyshell buttons, but the Thule was even better.
Not sure about those two cases, but the Magpul buttons are the best I've ever experienced in a case. Clicky, like you're using the buttons without a case.

DashSatan

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
How's the front lip on the NGP?

I've seen the RhinoShield on youtube and it looks impressive for a bumper case. Is there any feedback on this case?
Would installing a tempered glass on the back case offer enough protection?
There is a very sizable lip on the front of the NGP. I haven't heard of a tempered glass back but I also haven't had the chance to test the RhinoShield.