Incipio NGP ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Ourphones, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Ourphones macrumors member

I am surprised iLounge and Wired have changed their number 1 recommended iphone 6/+ from the candyshell grip to the NGP.

I've seen and held the NGP and didn't seem to offer much protection, especially compared to the grip.

Any feedback on the NGP?

2. DashSatan macrumors 6502

It doesn't provide a huge amount of protection but I LOVE my NGP. I think the feel, look, and grip of it are perfect. The only gripe I have with it is its a little thick. Drop protection isn't something I worry about since I've never dropped my phone, I just need some scratch protection. It's the only reason I haven't purchased a RhinoShield Crash Guard, I'm not keen on leaving the back of the phone naked.

3. Ourphones thread starter macrumors member

How's the front lip on the NGP?

I've seen the RhinoShield on youtube and it looks impressive for a bumper case. Is there any feedback on this case?
    Would installing a tempered glass on the back case offer enough protection?

4. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

5. AE14 macrumors 65816

I do like the NGP, but felt it didn't provide enough protection. I am no klutz by any means, but it didn't seem to offer anything.

I constantly swap out different cases, but I do seem settled on the commuter. For $28 through amazon its a good deal

6. Ourphones thread starter macrumors member

ZooGue seems like a nice slim case. I prefer more protection.

How do pressing the buttons on the Magpul compare to Candyshell Grip? Which is a thicker case?
    I'm satisfied with the Candyshell buttons, but the Thule was even better.

7. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Not sure about those two cases, but the Magpul buttons are the best I've ever experienced in a case. Clicky, like you're using the buttons without a case.

8. whsbuss macrumors 68040

whsbuss

Not as good as the Tech21 Evo Mesh from Apple.

9. FieldingMellish Suspended

10. DashSatan macrumors 6502

There is a very sizable lip on the front of the NGP. I haven't heard of a tempered glass back but I also haven't had the chance to test the RhinoShield.