Incipio/Ottorbox ?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Superman041, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Superman041, Dec 1, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 1, 2012

Superman041 macrumors regular

Incipio Dual Pro vs Ottorbox Defender vs Ottorbox Communicator

Which out of the three is the best case for the iPhone 5 . Pro/Cons of both ?

2. ladytonya macrumors 6502a

I have the Incipio Dual Pro and my hubby has the Otterbox Commuter. I originally tried the Defender and did not like it at all, had used one for two years on my iPhone 4 but just did not like the look or feel on my 5.

I actually prefer the Incipio. It has a nice texture, not too grippy so I can slide it in and out of my pocket but not so slick that I drop it ever 5 minutes. I also like the port access, even large plugs fit in my headphone jack and both Lightening adapters fit without removing the case.

My hubby loves his Commuter except for one thing, it is EXTREMELY slick! I can set my phone on my lap while driving and it just stays there. His slides off so he puts it in the passenger seat. He loves the port covers, both the Lightening and the headphone jacks are covered by little tabs that you can click open. He had a problem with lint in his 4 that rendered his headphone jack useless at one point but I never had that problem. I don't like the port covers because I have no fingernails and can't remove them without significant effort.

My opinion, your best bet is to go to Best Buy or to your carrier's store and try them both out. Verizon let me try the cases and after trying on the Defender, Commuter, another Incipio case that I can't remember, the Dual Pro, the Belkin View, and a cheap silicon snap-on, my preference was for the Dual Pro mainly because of the access to the ports and the feel of the case. We have both dropped our phones, my husband more than I because of how slick the Commuter is, and neither of us have had any damage (knock on wood!).

3. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

Anybody know where to buy the Incipio DualPro case in the UK ?