Incipio Smart Feather Color Match

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JockItch43, Mar 28, 2012.

1. JockItch43 macrumors newbie

I just received my new Smart Feather today. Now I'm not extremely picky and wouldn't have made a big deal if the color match was slightly off, but this isn't even close. I've contacted Incipio via email with this pic attached. The customer service woman on the phone I spoke to prior to sending this email said they should be an almost exact match. Does anyone else have a similar problem with this product?

Gray Apple smart cover with gray Incipio smart feather.

[​IMG]

2. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

That looks like it'd match pretty good with the dar gray smart cover. Way off for the light though.

3. linsam macrumors 6502

linsam

I am waiting for the PINK Smart Feather. This will be interesting to see. LOL

How is the fit?

4. smug macrumors newbie

Ordered light blue and red. Neither colors match the smart covers. Especially the light blue--it's not even close.

Also, the red is translucent while the light blue is pretty much opaque.

5. glen e macrumors 68030

That's why plan on contrasting them
    Grey cover red back
    Black cover grey back
    Black cover/alum strips grey back

6. JonLDavis macrumors newbie

What about black and black? Let's hope that matches!

7. JockItch43 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe someone who paid $30 for a piece of plastic that is advertised to match the smart cover? The pictures they have on their site show the gray smart feather matching the gray smart cover very well. That's what I thought I was getting. If I wanted the two tone look I would have ordered a different color.

Still haven't received word back from Incipio yet.

I'm satisfied with everything else though, the fit is pretty spot on.

8. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Umm or its just that your smart feather isnt light gray. Looks like Dark gray to me. Maybe they sent you the wrong one.

----------

I have the dark gray smart cover and mine matches your smart feather. I own a smart feather as well and it matches fine.

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

It's light gray.

The smart feather OP has looks like dark gray. Either the wrong one was ordered or the wrong one was shipped.

10. bhags8 macrumors 6502a

Are you sure your smart cover is light gray? Looks like the creme one almost.

----------

I meant feather. I thinkthe smart feather is dark gray and op ordered wrong one or was sent wrong one.

11. aph3x, Mar 28, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2012

aph3x macrumors member

I'm pretty sure it's not the grey smart cover. And if it is it may not be the real thing. I have/had the grey smart cover and the grey smart feather and they are close.

Edit:
    [​IMG]

12. JockItch43 thread starter macrumors newbie

^

Now that's more like it and what I was expecting. Is that the gray Smart Feather for the new iPad or the iPad 2?

For those that mentioned that my Smart Feather might have been ordered or shipped incorrectly, I verified with the customer service rep that the correct color was ordered and the packaging it came with confirms that with a special 3 digit color code.

The color of the Smart Feather doesn't really match the dark gray Smart Cover either as my friend has that one. The best I can describe it is that the shade of gray of the Smart Feather I received is pretty much right between the light gray and dark gray smart cover.

13. aph3x macrumors member

It was for the iPad 2. For the new iPad I bought the Frost version. The grey one fit just fine, it just had a lot of wear and tear.

14. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

I have the gray smart feather and gray cover and it looks great, I do have the darker gray smart cover though. The tones are a touch different but it works in my opinion.

Attached Files:

15. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

I have the light blue smart cover. Which color do you think would contrast best with the smartfeather following colors:

LightBlue
    Tan
    Black
    Iridescent Gray

Those are my options cause want to pick it up today from here:

http://www.tekserve.com/store/11073/Hard_Cases

16. JonMPLS macrumors 65816

FYI; the tan is a great match

My tan Smart Feather just arrived, and it is a very good match for the tan leather smart cover. The SF is very slightly lighter, but definitely close enough to be happy. It is a very nice fit, and just a great combo with the smart cover. I am pretty impressed! :)

17. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

Pics would be awesome :)

18. JockItch43 thread starter macrumors newbie

As a follow up, I received my new Smart Feather today that Incipio shipped due to me contacting them about the poor color match. It's the same exact color as the original one I have. So, it looks like the gray color for the iPad 3 case is definitely darker than the gray iPad 2 Smart Feather that aph3x posted. I'm just going to live with the two tone look. Not what I expected, but I like the case and there are more important things in the world to stress out about.

Here's an additional pic. While it doesn't match the outside of the smart Cover very well, it is almost a perfect match to the darker microfiber material on the inside of the Smart Cover.

[​IMG]

19. glen e macrumors 68030

mine matches damn near perfect - ignore the CF strips, the color is the same as the feather.
    [​IMG]

20. JockItch43 thread starter macrumors newbie

Is that the iPad 2 Smart Feather?