Incipio Stowaway - comments

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MrRon, Nov 15, 2011.

1. MrRon macrumors regular

MrRon

Attached Files:

2. andrewndy macrumors newbie

It seems to obvious an answer, but dear god no would I put of the things together. If one thing got stolen, all things get stolen...:(

3. MrRon thread starter macrumors regular

MrRon

True, but you lose everything if the waller is stolen too...

I believe its easier to handle one item (iPhone & CC) than 2 items ... isn't it??

Not sure how thick is it.. thats my concern... any real user here??

4. Atmosphere macrumors member

if it's an occasional case, then i'd be ok. i could imagine it being handy going to an amusement park or the bars, but it's way too bulky to use on a daily basis.

personally, i'd rather go with the Case-Mate ID Credit Card Case instead, even if it doesn't hold as much. it's thinner, well built, and doesn't have parts that would make it useless if it were to break (i.e. hinge and clasp)

[​IMG]

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-4S-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-4S-ID-Credit-Card-Cases.asp

5. MrRon thread starter macrumors regular

MrRon

I know about this case... but I don't want to expose all my credit cards and DL .....:(:(:(

6. TuiSong macrumors regular

The camera looks very set back, I wonder if the case affects the quality of photos.

7. Atmosphere, Nov 15, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2011

Atmosphere macrumors member

the incipio one looks huge though. why turn your iphone into a Zach Morris cell phone? it kind of defeats the purpose of consolidating a phone and wallet IMO (and getting an expensive, nice looking phone in the first place)

a friend has the Case-Mate one and says that his cards never fall out or anything. reviews on this say the same

8. MrRon thread starter macrumors regular

MrRon

Maybe you are right. I am looking for a case that just fit a credit card, DL, and maybe $20 cash. Enough. The casemate one cannot hold cash right?

Don't know how thick is the casemate

9. Mcbee macrumors newbie

I was thinking about it too.. but my concern is the case will be very bulky... maybe even thicker than my wallet :D

----------

I don't like this case because I don't want to show my ID and CC to the public when I am on my phone

10. Atmosphere macrumors member

understandable, but at the same time, you run the risk of a snatch-and-run whenever you pull out your phone (or wallet) in public.

again, it depends on the purpose of using such a case: do you want to permanently use this in lieu of a wallet, or is this just an occasional consolidation of the two (for going out to bars, etc.)?

11. Sp3cialsauce macrumors newbie

12. MrRon thread starter macrumors regular

MrRon

They are kind of bulky .. i m looking for something slim...

13. badphish macrumors newbie

i just ordered the stowaway i think it will do me well.

im thinking of modifying the case by cutting some of the silicone on the iphone backside to provide more room.

the casellet looks very nice.

will wait to see if it makes it to production.