Incipio Stowaway - comments

andrewndy

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
Do you think store your credit card, DL and iPhone together is a good idea??
It seems to obvious an answer, but dear god no would I put of the things together. If one thing got stolen, all things get stolen...:(

MrRon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
It seems to obvious an answer, but dear god no would I put of the things together. If one thing got stolen, all things get stolen...:(
True, but you lose everything if the waller is stolen too...

I believe its easier to handle one item (iPhone & CC) than 2 items ... isn't it??

Not sure how thick is it.. thats my concern... any real user here??

Atmosphere

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
if it's an occasional case, then i'd be ok. i could imagine it being handy going to an amusement park or the bars, but it's way too bulky to use on a daily basis.

personally, i'd rather go with the Case-Mate ID Credit Card Case instead, even if it doesn't hold as much. it's thinner, well built, and doesn't have parts that would make it useless if it were to break (i.e. hinge and clasp)

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-4S-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-4S-ID-Credit-Card-Cases.asp

MrRon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
if it's an occasional case, then i'd be ok. i could imagine it being handy going to an amusement park or the bars, but it's way too bulky to use on a daily basis.

personally, i'd rather go with the Case-Mate ID Credit Card Case instead, even if it doesn't hold as much. it's thinner, well built, and doesn't have parts that would make it useless if it were to break (i.e. hinge and clasp)

http://www.case-mate.com/iPhone-4-4S-Cases/Case-Mate-iPhone-4-4S-ID-Credit-Card-Cases.asp
I know about this case... but I don't want to expose all my credit cards and DL .....:(:(:(

Atmosphere

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
I know about this case... but I don't want to expose all my credit cards and DL .....:(:(:(
the incipio one looks huge though. why turn your iphone into a Zach Morris cell phone? it kind of defeats the purpose of consolidating a phone and wallet IMO (and getting an expensive, nice looking phone in the first place)

a friend has the Case-Mate one and says that his cards never fall out or anything. reviews on this say the same

Last edited:

MrRon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
the incipio one looks huge though. why turn your iphone into a Zach Morris cell phone? it kind of defeats the purpose of consolidating a phone and wallet IMO (and getting an expensive, nice looking phone in the first place)

a friend has the Case-Mate one and says that his cards never fall out or anything. reviews on this say the same
Maybe you are right. I am looking for a case that just fit a credit card, DL, and maybe $20 cash. Enough. The casemate one cannot hold cash right?

Don't know how thick is the casemate

Mcbee

macrumors newbie
Sep 7, 2011
LA, CA
I was thinking about it too.. but my concern is the case will be very bulky... maybe even thicker than my wallet :D

----------

I don't like this case because I don't want to show my ID and CC to the public when I am on my phone

Atmosphere

macrumors member
Oct 26, 2011
I don't like this case because I don't want to show my ID and CC to the public when I am on my phone
understandable, but at the same time, you run the risk of a snatch-and-run whenever you pull out your phone (or wallet) in public.

again, it depends on the purpose of using such a case: do you want to permanently use this in lieu of a wallet, or is this just an occasional consolidation of the two (for going out to bars, etc.)?

MrRon

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Miami, FL
i'm looking for the same thing! I wanted something a bit thinner though. Found these two on kickstarter. I think the first one looks nice (as long as it's not too thick). If theres no other alternatives I may just back that project...

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1147975935/casellet-ultimate-iphone-4-s-case-wallet?ref=live

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1565048789/iphone-wallet-case?ref=live
They are kind of bulky .. i m looking for something slim...

badphish

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2011
i just ordered the stowaway i think it will do me well.

im thinking of modifying the case by cutting some of the silicone on the iphone backside to provide more room.

the casellet looks very nice.

will wait to see if it makes it to production.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.