Included Warrenty for iPod work for headphones

Discussion in 'iPod' started by The Toon Master, Jul 18, 2007.

1. The Toon Master macrumors 6502

A family member bought an iPod a few months ago, and the left ear on his headphones died. Will the warrenty included with every iPod count for the headphones as well?

2. calculus Guest

calculus

Yes, the headphones are covered. Apple will post out a new set and collect the dead ones.

3. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Yes, sure looks like it.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=304869#faq15

One of my iPod accessories isn’t working. Can I order a replacement?
    Yes. Complete the iPod service request form or the iPod shuffle service request form on our website. You may be charged for the replacement accessory, local taxes and $6.95 for shipping, if your iPod is no longer covered by Apple’s Limited Warranty for iPod. You may also visit the Apple iPod Store to find the accessory that you need.

4. The Toon Master thread starter macrumors 6502

what items do i need to show them to get the headphones? Is the reciept, iPod, iPod case, and headphones enough to get a replacement?

5. iHerzeleid macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

Online you just need the serial number.

at the store.. receipt will be fine, but they usually just rely on the serial number.

6. theperson macrumors member

Sorry to hijack the thread, but are said earphone replacements free?

7. The Toon Master thread starter macrumors 6502

I went to the Apple Store(and used an iPhone for the first time) and i was able to get the replacement earbuds for free with the reciept and dead headphones.
    I'm not sure if they're free if you mail, cause then you hafta pay shipping, but you can bring it to nearest Apple Store with no prob..