Including a Lightbox...

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by eclipse525, May 19, 2007.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I'm redesigning my website and it's a straight forward HTML site. I usually put it together in Photoshop and then just slice everything up. Of-course, not the most efficient way of putting a site together by today's standards but I'm not a coder (i do know a little), I'm a designer. I would however like to use one of these scripts to display my work but I have no idea include how to incorporate what they give you into my site. Anybody know how I should prep my portfolio page in order to accommodate the script given? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks!

~e

2. timmillwood macrumors 6502a

You will just have to make a link in your photoshop pages to your "Lightbox" page and then the light box page would have to be made from the downloaded code

3. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

If I understand you correctly, i link to the lightbox but then it will take the visitor out of my website environment. I don't really want them to leave the site but rather have it incorporated into the site. Keep the look and feel. Is this possible?

~e

4. ambient macrumors member

i would look into this one

http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox/

smooth and very easy to use.. almost no coding ;)

5. jng macrumors 65816

jng

Hi Eclipse, for my temporary portfolio page, I have large rectangular thumbnails of zoomed in screen shots. When you click on it, it opens up a screenshot (with a nice apple-esque reflection) in a lightbox window. And in the caption portion is a link with the title of the website.

It's quite neat and I've gotten good comments.

It was just something quick and dirty to get my portfolio online since I sent my resume out.

Cheers.

6. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Interesting. Can you provide a link? Thanks!

~e

7. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

8. jng macrumors 65816

jng

sent via pm