Including pages of TEXT in I-photo book

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PastorPrime, May 27, 2010.

1. PastorPrime macrumors newbie

My husband is a retired newsman/photographer/editor/writer. I want to make a book with his photos, photos of him, his columns, articles about him, but I don't know how to get that stuff into the book--I'm such a novice at this. Do I scan pages of printed material and insert it as a photo?
    Do I need to buy I-Life or can I do it from I-Photo?

2. photobookgirl macrumors newbie

scanning photos or articles for a photo book

You can definitely scan the articles and other items in jpeg format (scanning resolution is usually recommended at 300 dpi) and then place them in the photo book like you would a photo.

You can use iPhoto, though you won't have the flexibility to change the layouts that may suit your project better. You may want to try Apple's more sophisticated photo editing program - Aperture 3. You can try it for a 30 free trial at the Apple website. I have photos and tips posted about how I made my Aperture photo book at my blog. If you don't require changing around the preset layouts, iPhoto will work fine.

3. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

How are the original articles saved? Are they just clippings? If so you are going to have to scan them into probably jpeg format and then you can use them just like a picture. I have scanned family historical documents and pictures into iPhoto and then transferred them to a family history document I am putting together using iWork's Pages. My format, however, is more of a book with pictures rather than a picture book with wording. But I would think the scanned jpegs would work with iPhoto. Scan a couple, start a dummy book and see how it goes. good luck. This is a really nice gift for your husband, BTW!

4. fcortese macrumors demi-god

fcortese

Just thought of something else. If the scanned clippings are too small when they come out in jpeg, you could photocopy the clipping and play with enlarging it and re-scan. Just a thought.