Including Text File on Audio CD

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by camera obscura, Oct 3, 2010.

1. camera obscura macrumors newbie

I know this is probably a stupidly easy question to answer but I have searched and searched. I'm burning someone some mixes via iTunes and I'd like to include some notes along with the music. How can I inclued a text file on the disc? I know how I'd do this on a Windows machine but can't figure it out on my Macbook. Thanks for any help!

2. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Honestly, it's no different than your Windows machine, probably a bit easier. What problem are you having when trying?

3. camera obscura thread starter macrumors newbie

I know on a PC I'd locate the music files on the computer, right click and send to E: drive or whatever drive the blank CD was in. After that I'd make my dumb little notes and just send those to E: as well. Then I'd just burn the CD after opening up E: with those files preloaded.

Maybe I'm over-thinking this? I don't see a way to include notes via iTunes which is fine, I'm not hell-bent on burning the CD through iTunes I just don't know what to use for music and text.

Thanks for helping

4. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Ah I see, you're trying to do this through iTunes. Yeah, that won't work. You'll need to do this in the Finder. If you're creating an an MP3 CD then you'll need to create a folder with all the text file and the songs you want. Then right-click or 2 finger tap and choose Burn Folder to Disk. If you need to create an audio CD this can only be done in iTunes but if you want to add text files you'll need a separate program such as Roxio Toast.

5. camera obscura thread starter macrumors newbie

Definitely like to avoid MP3 compression so I'll look into Roxio Toast. Thanks again!