Incognito photo mode? (Does NOT send to Photo Stream)

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by hreyhrey, Aug 4, 2012.

1. hreyhrey macrumors member

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

maybe try an alternative photo app not connected to iCloud

3. andboom macrumors member

andboom

Delay before photos are sent to iCloud to allow time to check/delete multiple shots

I think it would be useful to have an option to make the camera app on the iPhone wait 5 (or a specified number of) minutes from taking the picture to uploading it to iCloud - that way, if you had shot several attempts at a picture or wanted to quickly review / delete your shots before they were uploaded, you would have time to do this before they were sent to iCloud. This would be a brilliant feature for me, as I rarely take one snap, but usually 5 or so and then choose my favourite or the one that has come out best. Also, I take a lot of HDR shots and do not wish both the HDR version and non-HDR version to be uploaded before I have checked which is better.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I think most(if not all) photo apps send photos to the default photo album which will end up being photostream. Unless there is an app that send pics to a non default album.

5. bassanoclapper macrumors 6502

bassanoclapper

Camera+ has an option to not send pics to camera roll, the Autosave to Lightbox option. It's also a great app for editing

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

You may turn Photostream on or off depending on whether you want the photos you take uploaded.

7. dethmaShine macrumors 68000

Definitely wish I had this feature.

Not only this, I wish I had an album lock feature too. People just sometimes open my phone and browse through my photos and not all photos are meant to be shown.

This is a such a basic feature and I don't understand why Apple hasn't responded to something like this.

8. dba415 macrumors 6502