Incognito photo mode? (Does NOT send to Photo Stream)

andboom

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
London
Delay before photos are sent to iCloud to allow time to check/delete multiple shots

I think it would be useful to have an option to make the camera app on the iPhone wait 5 (or a specified number of) minutes from taking the picture to uploading it to iCloud - that way, if you had shot several attempts at a picture or wanted to quickly review / delete your shots before they were uploaded, you would have time to do this before they were sent to iCloud. This would be a brilliant feature for me, as I rarely take one snap, but usually 5 or so and then choose my favourite or the one that has come out best. Also, I take a lot of HDR shots and do not wish both the HDR version and non-HDR version to be uploaded before I have checked which is better.

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
I think most(if not all) photo apps send photos to the default photo album which will end up being photostream. Unless there is an app that send pics to a non default album.
Camera+ has an option to not send pics to camera roll, the Autosave to Lightbox option. It's also a great app for editing

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
Definitely wish I had this feature.

Not only this, I wish I had an album lock feature too. People just sometimes open my phone and browse through my photos and not all photos are meant to be shown.

This is a such a basic feature and I don't understand why Apple hasn't responded to something like this.