Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Incognito photo mode? (Does NOT send to Photo Stream)

andboom

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2007
London
Delay before photos are sent to iCloud to allow time to check/delete multiple shots

I think it would be useful to have an option to make the camera app on the iPhone wait 5 (or a specified number of) minutes from taking the picture to uploading it to iCloud - that way, if you had shot several attempts at a picture or wanted to quickly review / delete your shots before they were uploaded, you would have time to do this before they were sent to iCloud. This would be a brilliant feature for me, as I rarely take one snap, but usually 5 or so and then choose my favourite or the one that has come out best. Also, I take a lot of HDR shots and do not wish both the HDR version and non-HDR version to be uploaded before I have checked which is better.

Comment

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors 604
Oct 27, 2009
maybe try an alternative photo app not connected to iCloud

I think most(if not all) photo apps send photos to the default photo album which will end up being photostream. Unless there is an app that send pics to a non default album.

Comment

bassanoclapper

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2008
London
I think most(if not all) photo apps send photos to the default photo album which will end up being photostream. Unless there is an app that send pics to a non default album.

Camera+ has an option to not send pics to camera roll, the Autosave to Lightbox option. It's also a great app for editing

Comment

dethmaShine

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2010
Into the lungs of Hell
Definitely wish I had this feature.

Not only this, I wish I had an album lock feature too. People just sometimes open my phone and browse through my photos and not all photos are meant to be shown.

This is a such a basic feature and I don't understand why Apple hasn't responded to something like this.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.