Incoming calls/messages sound

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by MacCheeseLai, Aug 22, 2015.

1. MacCheeseLai macrumors member

MacCheeseLai

Hello. I am considering buying the apple sport version in a week or so and I have a question.

They say this watch notifies you of incoming calls, if I have my iPhone on silent will the watch make a noise if there is an incoming call or message. Asking because I'm in college and some professors are strict about electronic noises in the classroom. In class I usually just shut the ringer off, curious to find out if the watch will stay silent as well. Thank you.

2. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You can put it in mute, or turn on Do Not Disturb.

3. Creek0512 macrumors 6502

If your phone is on silent, it won't ring. The Apple Watch also has a silent mode, where it only gives taptic alerts. I assume most Apple Watch users are like me and just keep their Watch in silent mode all of the time.

4. MacCheeseLai thread starter macrumors member

MacCheeseLai

Thanks guys, I wasn't sure about the watch before but now I am definitely going to purchase it. :apple::)

5. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Just to add. If you have the watch on and set to silent, even if your phone volume is on....all notifications are muted on the phone itself expect for phone calls. You do need to set your phone to silent in order for phone calls to be silent.

I hope that makes sense. When wearing the watch all notifications are silenced on the phone, regardless of your phone settings, except for phone calls. If you do not silence your phone, the calls will still ring.