Incoming College Student MacBook Prp

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SwedishGinger, Jul 16, 2014.

  1. SwedishGinger macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2014
    #1
    I'm entering my first year of college at the end of this August and I know I want to get a rMBP. My question is, should I go with the current model or should I wait for the pending update Apple is predicted to come out with, and if I wait, how long would it be between the date of the release and the day that I have the computer in my hands? Thank you for your help!
     
  2. ano0oj macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2010
    #2
    If you can wait a month or two and get a little more of a concrete idea on what's being released with the new MBP, that would be better. You don't want to buy an expensive laptop and find out a new ones being released 3 weeks later.
     
  3. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

    AppleFanatic10

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Location:
    Encino, CA
    #3
    Chances are you need a computer now, so I'd just get it now. Depending on your major, you probably won't need anything the new rMBPs are going to offer anytime soon. During your first year, you'll most likely be doing GEs so all you would really need your laptop for is word processing.
     
  4. AnonDP macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jun 27, 2014
    #4
    If you need one soon, but it now because if you wait a few months then you'll be stuck between a rock and a hard place on whether to wait another few months for the next one...it's a never ending train :rolleyes:
     
  5. MCAsan macrumors 601

    MCAsan

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Location:
    Atlanta
    #5
    When OP asked the question, the 2014 Macs were not available. They are now. The big difference is a 200MHz speed bump.

    Personally I got a 2013 for $600 off with free AppleCare at Adorama. No sales tax, no shipping.

    Always check the deals at AppleInsider price list. http://prices.appleinsider.com
     
  6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

    GoCubsGo

    Joined:
    Feb 19, 2005
    #6
    200MHz isn't all that much in real life application. If there was a substantial savings buying the previous model then I'd jump on that.
     
  7. MCAsan macrumors 601

    MCAsan

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2012
    Location:
    Atlanta

Share This Page