Incoming mail tone stuck

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by chalky74, Oct 26, 2012.

1. chalky74 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm new to the forum but have had Apple products for a number of years. I recently purchased the ipad 3 (maybe I should have waited), it's been great and I've have no problems with it, until now. It's not a major problem just a little annoying. I was playing around with the new incoming mail tones trying some others out, but now it appears to be stuck on one (old car horn) and I can't change it. Whenever I select one of the other tones, the 'tick' shows next to it, but when I recieve new mail the tone is still the same. I have tried turning the tones off and selecting another but still the same tone sticks with incoming mail.
    I've tried all the usual resets without success, has anyone else encountered this problem or know a fix, any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

2. chalky74 thread starter macrumors newbie

Now sorted after digging around on here, found that i had to change the tone in notifications rather than the sound menu in settings. Now a happy camper :)