Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Leinhart_6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
After installing the developer beta 2 I have noticed that I cannot receive or send text messages even though I'm signed in through iMessage. Has anyone else experienced this yet?

It was working for a little bit after the first initial install, but hasn't since.

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Mine also stopped working this afternoon, which is frustrating because it was working this morning... Oh well, beta life :/

Leinhart_6

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 9, 2015
I fixed mine by logging back into FaceTime.

Interesting. I had this same idea, but didn't try it out.

I'll give it a go and see what happens lol
[doublepost=1468038816][/doublepost]So i fixed the issue by going through settings>messages on my phone and disabling iMessage. Once I did that my computer prompted me to add my phone number back to the "You can be reached for messages at:" section in the Messages app on my computer.

Just re-enable iMessage back on the phone after and everything should work again.

Hope this helps everyone else:)

cpenner

macrumors regular
Aug 19, 2013
Interesting. I had this same idea, but didn't try it out.

I'll give it a go and see what happens lol
[doublepost=1468038816][/doublepost]So i fixed the issue by going through settings>messages on my phone and disabling iMessage. Once I did that my computer prompted me to add my phone number back to the "You can be reached for messages at:" section in the Messages app on my computer.

Just re-enable iMessage back on the phone after and everything should work again.

Hope this helps everyone else:)

I turned iMessage off on my iPhone and back on again and my iMac seems to be sending SMS messages again. Thanks for your help!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.