Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MackedOut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Colorado
Hello all, I've made countless DVDs using DVDSP4, using videos as well as slideshows. I'm trying to import wedding photos into DVDSP4 to make a slideshow and keep getting random "Importing Assets: Incompatible format" errors. What's strange is it will accept a few of the photos but not all of them, even though they are all the same format. They are large format from the wedding photographer so I've even tried resaving them in Photoshop using "Save for Web" (which is the format I've always imported with) and sometimes it will bring it in and sometimes it won't. What am I missing all of a sudden? I've literally made dozens of DVDs and imported thousands of photos; this is the first time this has ever happened. Is there a setting I need to check on? Thanks for any help!

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Hello all, I've made countless DVDs using DVDSP4, using videos as well as slideshows. I'm trying to import wedding photos into DVDSP4 to make a slideshow and keep getting random "Importing Assets: Incompatible format" errors. What's strange is it will accept a few of the photos but not all of them, even though they are all the same format. They are large format from the wedding photographer so I've even tried resaving them in Photoshop using "Save for Web" (which is the format I've always imported with) and sometimes it will bring it in and sometimes it won't. What am I missing all of a sudden? I've literally made dozens of DVDs and imported thousands of photos; this is the first time this has ever happened. Is there a setting I need to check on? Thanks for any help!
Check if the problem JPEGs is CMYK. Ill do a test here if thats the case...soon as I get my coffee of course :)

MackedOut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Colorado
Thank you, I checked that before posting and everything is indeed RGB. It's so bizarre simply because I've done this so many times...thank you for responding.

mBox

macrumors 68020
Jun 26, 2002
Thank you, I checked that before posting and everything is indeed RGB. It's so bizarre simply because I've done this so many times...thank you for responding.
How about redoing the batch using Adobe Photoshop/Bridge and make sure sRGB is checked on?

MackedOut

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 17, 2006
Colorado
Hmmm, don't know how to do that but I can figure it out. I'm using CS3; I'm assuming I have that functionality...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.