iPhone Incomplete iTunes videos won't delete

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Singin Hobo, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Singin Hobo macrumors regular

So I have two partially downloaded videos on my iPhone 4S that won't delete. One of them I started and canceled before it even started downloading and another downloaded to about 95% (I don't know exactly, just judging by the bar) then just didn't work. Both show up in my 'Videos' app and neither of them will play or be deleted. I've tried loading those same movies on by plugging into my computer like we used to do back in the good ol' days, but it just showed me two copies of those movies, one of which worked normally, the others were the same as the ones that won't go away.

Any ideas other than a clean install?

2. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Hard reset.
    Try downloading another short video.

3. Singin Hobo thread starter macrumors regular

Oh I can download videos and do everything else in the world with no problems... aside from the fact that it's aesthetically unpleasant and that I'm pretty sure that it's still taking up 4gigs on my phone there's really no issue and everything else works normally.

(edit, I tried a hard reset again and it didn't work :) thanks)

4. Warren. macrumors newbie

Same Issue

Hi all...new member here.

I'm having this same issue. Purchased a season pass to "Once Upon A Time", and I have multiple videos of the first three episodes. It will not let me delete (what I'm assuming is partial downloaded episodes) at all.

Surely there is a way to remove these files without wiping out the whole phone and setting it back up again.

Thanks,
    Warren

5. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

I assume you're downloading the show in HD? The other versions will be the SD copy.

6. Warren. macrumors newbie

I am. So is that why I can't delete/play the duplicates? These duplicates also do not have the "Once Upon A Time" Icon's. If I delete the video's that do work the other "duplicates" are not deleted.

7. MonkeySee.... macrumors 68040

MonkeySee....

mmm is the deleting done via iOS or your PC/Mac?

8. Warren. macrumors newbie

Yeah sorry. I can't delete the duplicates on the iOS (iPhone). The duplicates do not show up on iTunes. I do have it set to sync the OUAT seires, but when I sync it will not delete the duplicates either. It appears iTunes does not see the duplicates on the iOS.

I can delete the working video's fine on iOS and on the Mac via iTunes. But I can not delete the duplicates on the iOS.

9. Warren. macrumors newbie

No Data Shown in Usage

Ok...still playing around. According to my Video App I have 6 videos on my phone, which by the way none will play. (I deleted all of the videos it would allow me to delete).

Went to usage and under "videos" it shows "no data". So for some reason the app is displaying I have videos when in fact there are none there. So I'm guessing this is a bug, and I'm just OOL unless I want to wipe my phone and start over.

10. tech19181 macrumors newbie

tech19181

Same Issue

I'm having the same issue and now iTunes 11 is out. The incomplete videos still aren't recognized and won't delete from the phone. It happened since I downloaded from "iTunes in the cloud".