Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Hey everyone - I'm encountering a problem with the way iPhone sorts contact information. In Address Book on my Mac, my contact info has this order:

Home
Mobile
Work
Other

But when it syncs to the iPhone, it puts it in a seemingly random order, usually not the same as it is on the computer. For example, that same contact on the iPhone might look like:

Mobile
Work
Home
Other

This is really annoying and inconsistent; anybody have any ideas on a fix?

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
I'm experiencing something similar for Outlook 2007. I had four numbers on the iPhone, switched the label (from home to mobile etc) and then after a sync, two of the four numbers on Outlook 2007 disappeared (no changes to iPhone).

On a related issue, items entered in on the iPhone calendar only appear on Outlook "Today" screen and not on the actual day the event will take place. Very strange indeed.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Very strange. Hopefully some of these sync issues get addressed in an update. Anyone know of any in-the-meantime workarounds?

whiteshadoww

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2008
Santa Monica, CA
There was another thread about the calendar items workaround. When entering an event in the iPhone, make it a reoccurring event (with the start date and end date the date of the event) and then it will show up in Outlook.

Kurt871

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2004
Unfortunately, I can confirm that this bug (along with the iCal color-syncing bug) was NOT fixed in the 2.0.1 update. Fingers crossed for 2.0.2 or 2.1 or whatever update is next.

:(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.