Inconsistent login times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by weenerdog, Oct 21, 2011.

1. weenerdog macrumors member

First off I am running a 2010 15" MBP with the latest Snow Leopard.

Sometimes when I login it is very fast and all my apps that open at login start very quickly (menu items mostly) and the computer is responsive and ready to use in a few seconds. However, other times it takes 30 seconds or more to become responsive (ie. loading icons, menu items etc.) and when I open safari (first thing I usually do) it takes a long time to open.

Why this inconsistency?

I tried taking a screenshot of activity monitor when I login but it took me a while to open it and most everything had loaded. I'll include it anyway.

[​IMG]

Is there anything I can do to make it consistently fast? It seems odd that it is sometimes slow for no apparent reason. Thank you.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. weenerdog thread starter macrumors member

Sorry to bump my own thread but does anyone know what the problem might be?

4. simsaladimbamba

Bumping is only allowed after 59 minutes, you were one minute too fast.

Anyway, you could also look at Console.

PS; How much free storage capacity of how much storage capacity do you have left?

And I guess sleeping is out of the question? It puts more wear on the HDD than necessary, maybe the HDD is ****ing up, slowly?

5. weenerdog thread starter macrumors member

Here is the console report for the first few minutes after I logged in this morning.

[​IMG]

I hope you can make sense of it. Thank you.

6. weenerdog thread starter macrumors member

7. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

I think the consistency is just the nature of it and I don't think there's anything really wrong. You can sort through all the processes, read the console but I doubt you will find the problem. It's like when you boot up, the amount of time the screen stays at the Apple and spinning gear varies. Sometimes it will boot quick sometimes it might stay there 10-20 seconds longer.