Inconsistent SMS alert tones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by DN7335, Jul 28, 2008.

1. DN7335 macrumors 6502

Anyone else experiencing this one? On my iPhone, sometimes the message alert sounds and sometimes it doesn't. I can't find any patterns and I've checked all the usual suspect such as the silent button and volume setting. Its very odd, sometimes I just get the vibrate and other times both.

2. hsleiman macrumors regular

Same for me. I'm on firmware 47. Although it seems it hasn't been happening as much recently... I can't remember the last time I didn't get the SMS tone. But I have definitely had inconsistency with it in the past.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Although it has been reported elsewhere, I haven't had this problem.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I get this as well but I also have the problem while it is set to vibrate as well. I rather frustrating bug if you ask me.

5. RobbRock macrumors member

RobbRock

I have the same problem I will put the volume up like 75% for the ring volume but later on it had changed I also have the same problem when I set up an alarm. I dont know what to do anyone know the answer

6. DanielJvdBerg macrumors regular

Have this problem too.

On the other side, even when at 100% volume, it's barely hearable when it's in my pocket.

Sigh.