Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I can post screenshots later if anyone wants but weather on the Watch is showing inconsistent data within itself, and with iOS weather.

On the Watch when you're in weather and showing the list mode (by location), it is consistently showing the temperature high as something different than the high shown in the hourly breakdown, and the high shown is always different than weather on iOS.

Right now it is showing in list mode:

H:71 degrees, but if I go into the hourly breakdown it shows 78 degrees at 1 pm.

Is anyone else having this issue. Is there something I am missing here?

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I think I might have the same issue, but I never opened up my phone to compare. I've just noticed for the past several days that the high is always wrong. In the morning it will tell me the high will be 69. Then later I check and it says it is currently 71 with a high of 71. Then a few hours later it will tell me it is currently 79 with a high of 79. I just assumed that they suck at predicting the weather recently, but now that you mention it, it has only been since I got my Apple Watch and now I just look at my Watch instead of my phone.

BlueMoon63

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2015
Yea, I'm not sure this is a bug or problem. I can look at my computer now and it will say a high of 65 and when I track the hourly, it only hits 63. Sometimes it shows the hourly going higher than the listed high.

Depending on the weather app, they receive their data from different sources for hourly temp and condition and that is updated all the time or as infrequent as 4 hours. You can pay to have faster updates. I use Carrot and highly recommend that app and it is only $1.99 a year for more frequent updates.

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
Hmm. Interesting. You guys know what I mean though right, you don't need any screenshots?

TRICKorDEVICE

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 20, 2014
I wish they'd fix that. I'm guessing the hourly is the correct one. But it'd be nice if the at a glance high was correct.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.