Inconsistent Workout results

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by igneousc, May 10, 2016.

1. igneousc macrumors regular

I've noticed lately that sometimes my elliptical workouts dont give me nearly the same calorie burns as others, and I'm guessing it's heart rate related. When I finished my workout today, my heart rate was reading anywhere between the 40s and the 60s, which is obviously wasn't. My watch literally lives on my wrist, so I thought maybe my arm hair was causing the problem, even though my arms are fairly typical for an average male. I shaved a spot on my wrist to see if that was the problem, and it seems to be just as bad as before. The only thing I havent done is tighten the strap a bit, as my rubber strap seems to have become a bit loose since I bought it at launch. The plastic ring has a few minor swirl mark type scratches on it, but its pretty clean in general. Anyone else had this issue? We'll see if the tightening fixes it, but its a little annoying because I like to shoot for the stupid daily ring goals each day.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

I have had the AW from day one and without any warning while in exercise mode my HR can drop to the 40 or 60 range while I am running. Just not had the best results from my AW for this. My $150 Fitbit Charge HR seems to do a much better job at heart rate tracking.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Try tightening your watch one hole (if you have the sport band) when you are on the elliptical. I have found that mine needs to be slightly tighter on my wrist when I am bicycling and have a tight grip on the handlebars. It is OK when I am not holding the handlebars.