Incorrect date following migration

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tonycook, Dec 5, 2009.

1. tonycook macrumors newbie

Hello there! I'm stumped - can you help? The date in the menu bar is correct, BUT ..........

I bought an iMac running Leopard last 22 November and migrated all my files from my old eMac. Subsequently all my email messages have been dated 22 November 2008. Other timed events have the same date. And now that I've bought a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard and migrated files from the iMac, the same thing has happened.

So, operating Time Machine for the very first time yesterday on the iMac, it displays the backup date as 22 November 2008.

I'd be very grateful if you could help!
    Many thanks
    Tony Cook
    Dymock
    Gloucestershire
    England

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Are files created since then showing the correct date?

3. tonycook thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Swiftaw
    No, the date on my Time Machine "ruler" on the right of the screen displays "Today" as 22 November 2008.

Thanks
    Tony

4. madog macrumors 65816

madog

If you had the last eMac made (around 2005), then it had Tiger 10.4, but if you had any model before that then it had Panther 10.3 on it unless you had upgraded it to Leopard.

It could be a glitch from the simple fact that you migrated from an older system to Snow Leopard.

The way the dates are stored could have been changed, causing the issue, or more than likely it's a fluke thing from the migration. You can try manually copying over the mail info (home/Library/Mail folder) as well as it's preferences (~/Library/Preferences and anything with "mail" in its name).

5. tonycook thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Madog
    It's not just email. More important, it's the date in Time Machine that will be important, in case I ever have to find a file. But once again, thanks anyway.
    Tony