Incorrect front page rendering

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by joshshua, Nov 10, 2009.

1. joshshua macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm a pretty avid MR reader.. not a big poster here on the forums. I wanted to post and let you guys know about something small that irks me a bit.

I'm running a 24" iMac with plain old Safari 4 on Snow Leopard, and the front page posts aren't formatted to accommodate such a wide resolution (http://imgur.com/ew8jS.png)

I know it isn't a huge deal- I just think that with the number of high resolution displays that folks browsing your site are using, you might consider fixing the layout so that it renders properly. It looks quite unprofessional and unpolished.

Otherwise, thanks for the great content. I've always come here first for Apple news.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Looks like it renders fine. My question for you is, why would you use a browser full screen on such a large monitor? There's very few web sites that look good when your browser window is that large. Ones that restrict the width tend to have huge amounts of white space on the sides, which looks really bad and unprofessional to some people. No layout will please everyone though. I use a 13" MBP (which is one of Apple's big sellers) at home so I never see your problem. At work though I have a 28" monitor and when I accidentally make my browser full screen I cringe because it's just too much white. I generally keep my browser window half the width of my monitor.

3. joshshua thread starter macrumors newbie

Quite frankly, there is no reason for you to give a damn about my browsing habits.

If you look over the screenshot again, you will see that it does not render correctly. It is not a huge problem, and it certainly won't change the way I use my computer.

This subforum is called "Site and Forum Feedback". If they didn't want it, they wouldn't ask for it. :rolleyes:

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Sorry for trying to help and providing feedback on your feedback. You might want to try not taking offense so easily.

5. mufflon macrumors 6502

minor design glitch on safari

I'm used to viewing macrumors on my 17" MBP (the last revision prior to the "one huge touchpad that also services as a button" with the extra high definition screen) using the latest version of Safari on snow leopard.

The error isn't painfully obvious, but if you look at the upper right corner of the main article in the image you'll notice that the red "bar" isn't the same height. The leftmost part seems to have a static max width and is most probably the origin of the error.

Attached Files: