Incorrect message notifications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rambler76, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Rambler76 macrumors newbie

Hi

I'm having an issue with the way message are sent from my Apple Watch and the way return notifications are received.

Messages I send come back to me and I'm notified that I've received a message from myself.

The problem originally stems from the fact that my wife and I shared the same iTunes / iCloud account before family sharing came out.

Both our iPhones and watches were registered as devices under my iCloud account and used my iCloud account settings as well.

Recently my wife's iPhone has been moved over to a new iCloud account and her Apple Watch has been unpaired and reset. Once she re paired it, it paired using her new iCloud account she set up on her existing iPhone. All good so far.

I also reset and re paired my Apple Watch for good measure.

I also deleted her in my watch contacts and ensured that her iCloud address was correct.

Now the issue that I'm having is that if I select her to send a picture sketch message or a heartbeat message, I get a notification that I have received a message from myself and then the message itself.

My wife says she receives the messages but I can't figure out the reason why I'm getting these notifications on my watch.

I logged into my iCloud account and removed my wife's iPhone and watch which was registered to me as well but the notifications are still occurring.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thanks

2. MrTazz macrumors member

MrTazz

Have you checked your message settings on your iphone
    Look in the send and receive option to see if you wife's iphone is listed there,
    This may fix the problem

3. Rambler76 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi,

Yes Ive set Settings>Messages>Send & Receive to only list my phone number and email addresses as well as to 'Start New conversation From' my phone number.

This has also been st up on my wifes iphone with her mobile number and email addresses as well.