Incorrect password in iCal

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by cocky jeremy, Oct 17, 2014.

1. cocky jeremy, Oct 17, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2014

cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

It keeps telling me the password is wrong. It isn't. I put in the same exact password for iCloud anywhere else and it works perfectly fine. Is anyone else getting this? Anyone know a fix? I just used an app to delete iCal all together before upgrading to the GM of Yosemite, but it's back and doing it again. I figured I'd try to see if anyone had a fix before deleting it again. It wouldn't be so bad but it just keeps popping up. No matter what. Even if I turn off my iCloud account in iCal. UGHHHH.

EDIT: Figured it out. It wasn't iCal. It was Fantastical trying to login to iCal. FINALLY. I need an app specific password for Fantastical to login to iCloud.

2. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

Did you solve your problem ? I have the same issue with Fantastical, but I really don't know how to create that damn app specific password for Fantastical ... the message keeps on popping up constantly, I'm quite pissed off !

3. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

This support page from Apple explains how to create app specific passwords: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht6186

4. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

Do it from here. :)

https://appleid.apple.com

5. davidgnomo macrumors 6502a

davidgnomo

6. Abba1 macrumors regular

Check Keychain and see if the password is correct there. If not, change it to the correct one.

7. cocky jeremy thread starter macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

It was correct. It wasn't iCal that was popping up after all. It was Fantasical 2 trying to login to iCal and it couldn't because iCloud now forces you to set app specific passwords.

That means if my iCloud password is abc123, I can't login to third party apps with abc123. I have to let Apple make me an iCloud password for that specific third party app. It's more secure, but it's also a total pain. :mad: