Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ldewald

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 1, 2007
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't decide whether to put it in the hacks or this because this is troubleshooting.

I upgraded to 1.1.3, and decided it wasn't worth not having the other custom apps. I tried for a couple hours, and got to the iNdependence point of the jailbreak. I did that, and now my phone is saying, "Incorrect SIM: Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone."

I have AT&T, so I'm not sure what the problem is. My SIM card is in my phone and has never been removed. When I connect it to iTunes it says, "The iPhone, 'iPhone' cannot be used with iTunes because the SIM card is not installed. You must insert your SIM card into your iPhone in order to activate it."

Can someone help me pleaseee? Thanks in advance.

[edit] I messed around with it for a while, and got it back to normal so this thread is no longer needed [/edit]

umairjaanu

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2006
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, I couldn't decide whether to put it in the hacks or this because this is troubleshooting.

I upgraded to 1.1.3, and decided it wasn't worth not having the other custom apps. I tried for a couple hours, and got to the iNdependence point of the jailbreak. I did that, and now my phone is saying, "Incorrect SIM: Insert an unlocked and valid SIM to activate iPhone."

I have AT&T, so I'm not sure what the problem is. My SIM card is in my phone and has never been removed. When I connect it to iTunes it says, "The iPhone, 'iPhone' cannot be used with iTunes because the SIM card is not installed. You must insert your SIM card into your iPhone in order to activate it."

[edit] I messed around with it for a while, and got it back to normal so this thread is no longer needed [/edit]

I'm facing the same issue, how did you resolve this issue?

invocatus

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2007
I am having the exact same problem...what did you do to fix it? I have a valid AT&T SIM but I am getting the "Incorrect SIM" message. I updated to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.1.1, ran ibrickr and this happened. I've used ibrickr at least 5 times to kick it out of DFU after a 1.1.1 downgrade, this is the first time I've had this happen! :mad:

Original poster: please let me know what you did.

[Edit: the one thing I did differently was run ibrickr.exe instead of using iphoneinterface from the command prompt, since the latter method didn't work after the downgrade. Regretting 1.1.3 upgrade now...]

polishmacuser

macrumors 6502a
Jan 17, 2007
Los Angeles
I am having the exact same problem...what did you do to fix it? I have a valid AT&T SIM but I am getting the "Incorrect SIM" message. I updated to 1.1.3, downgraded to 1.1.1, ran ibrickr and this happened. I've used ibrickr at least 5 times to kick it out of DFU after a 1.1.1 downgrade, this is the first time I've had this happen! :mad:

Original poster: please let me know what you did.

[Edit: the one thing I did differently was run ibrickr.exe instead of using iphoneinterface from the command prompt, since the latter method didn't work after the downgrade. Regretting 1.1.3 upgrade now...]
dont you have to downgrade the baseband then virginize and it should work :)

dsgalit

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2007

Did you activate your iphone thru itunes? You should know that the jailbreak is only for iphones that have a ATT simcard, activated and working, plus you have had to activate it thru itunes!! If you did not, thats the reason itunes will not let you continue... But again i could be wrong.....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.