Incorrect storage available

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cayden, Dec 22, 2015.

1. Cayden macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I have about 500 photos on my phone (64 GB) and this has always taken up about 3 GB. Last night I filmed a video that was about an hour and a half long and added about 15 gigs to my photos. I exported the video and deleted it from my phone, but it is still showing that I have now over 18 gigs of photos. Is there a way to fix this?

2. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I have now figured out that if I turn off iCloud Photos the problem goes away. I think the video is for some reason attempting to download to my phone, but has been deleted from my photo library, so does not show up on any other device. How can I take this video off of my iCloud Photos?

3. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Did you cancelled it also from the trash bin of the Photo app ?

4. ericgtr12 macrumors 6502a

ericgtr12

Also, double check your deleted photos area. I had the same issue and removing it was a hassle.

5. Cayden thread starter macrumors 6502a

Cayden

I deleted it off my phone inside the deleted photos area as well. The only fix I've found is leaving keep originals off in iCloud. The video does not attempt to download on my iPad or MacBook which are both set to download originals. I don't know how the video got stuck in the limbo of being in my iCloud, but only being available on my phone