Incorrect time on Mac OS X and Windows 7

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by FunkyLarge, Dec 3, 2011.

1. FunkyLarge macrumors newbie

Hi guys, I have the Macbook Pro for a week now. And i have been experiencing problems with the system keep changing the time after each restart. I said the system keeps changing the time is because it happens on both Mac OS X and Windows 7. I have checked the time zones are correct. And I have tried enabling the automatically set time settings on both operating system with the same unfortunate results. Maybe the bios clock is wrong??? How do I access the bios?? Any help is greatly appreciated~!

2. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Is this when you use Windows through Boot Camp?

There's an issue where changing the time in one OS affects the time in the other OS. Not sure why, though.

If you set your time to always set automatically (look under Date & Time in Preferences) you should be all set.

3. FunkyLarge thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I installed Windows with Bootcamp. I guess when I change the time on Windows, it also changes the time on Mac. Anyone have a solution for this??

4. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Yeah, see my post above.

5. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

This is a known problem and it relates to how Windows uses the time saved in the NVRAM. Mac OS X assumes that the time is saved as UTC and the adjusts the displayed time for your local timezone (the right way), whereas Windows saves the time in your local timezone and just displays it. When you switch between the two, both try to fix the timezone to what they think is correct and your time appears off. As for a fix, check out this post