Incorrect time zone

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by davidmsilver, Oct 4, 2013.

1. davidmsilver macrumors newbie

Hi all

Is anyone else out there noticing a problem with the time on their iOS device being off? I have noticed mine showing an hour behind a couple times throughout the day with the time zone (under settings - date and time) automatic time zone detection being on.

Only fix I can find is turning the automatic time zone off and selecting manually.

iPhone 5s 7.0.2 on Verizon

2. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I haven't seen that one reported yet (but there are so many threads and so little time). Are you near a Time Zone border where your phone might get different Time Zone information?

3. emseven macrumors regular

There is a setting in two places to consider:

Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Make sure the Time Zone is toggled off then on again.
    In Mail Contact Calendars there is a setting to adjust your calendar items based on the time zone you are in or your 'home' time zone.

4. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

This^^. I know for me this is a pain. It's a 50/50 with all the electronics in my house. iPhone right time, PC 1 hr off, Mac mini right time, iPad 1hr early, game consoles 1 hr early,MBP right time. Doesn't matter how many times I reset, DST just makes it 2 hrs off. I've just accepted that I have to set some manually.

5. davidmsilver thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope, in central New Mexico nowhere near any time zone border. Strange thing is a friend of mine is also having the same problem. Maybe the information from the cell tower is sending out inaccurate info?

----------

Tried this - Date and Time still thinks I'm in Cupertino while other integrated apps (maps, weather) show my true location.

If I toggle airplane mode it corrects the time temporarily, maybe 20 seconds, then it goes back to the incorrect time.

6. davidmsilver thread starter macrumors newbie

7. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

My guess is there is a bug in the programing that does not take into account Arizona not changing its time. I could be wrong though:) Try changing your time zone to a different time zone and see if you get the expected results.

8. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Silly question but do you live in an area that borders 2 time zones?

9. dlbmacfan macrumors regular

My wife started having the same problem today. We both have the iPhone 5 with iOS 7, and we have a Verizon range extender in our house. Her phone keeps reverting to the Cupertino time zone. We live in Albuquerque, NM.

10. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Methinks Verizon is confused. GPS has you properly located but coming out of Airplane Mode the phone is back on the Verizon network (where the time info comes from). I'd give them a call. As the other poster mentioned I'd be surprised if it wasn't something to do with Arizona being on MST.