Incorrect WiFi Password Error

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cursayer, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Cursayer macrumors member

I have recently been encountering a problem where when I try to connect to a WiFi network with a password that I know for sure is right, it won't let me and the phone will tell me "Incorrect password for ________" To fix this every time I have to reset my network settings which can get very tedious. Once I reset, I plug the password back in and it works but after an hour or so, any networks I have not connected to within that first hour will start giving me the "wrong password" error even if the password is right. Any tips/suggestions?

I am running 5.0.1, jailbroken.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Never heard of that before.
    You're sure its not a particular router that's giving you problems? Or is it every wifi you ever try to connect?

3. Cursayer thread starter macrumors member

For sure it's not the routers. I used to be able to connect to these routers problem free with this iPhone.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Try re-setting your network settings on the phone, and if you can, change the routers password...Something is corrupt.

5. Cursayer thread starter macrumors member

I do reset the network settings, that's the only way I can join 1 of the 3 networks I frequently use.

----------

I noticed if I enter the password on a thirdparty app like WiFiFoFum, I can usually connect with a 90% success rate to any network. Perhaps there is a networks cache I can delete or something?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. Cursayer thread starter macrumors member

I'd like to keep restore out of the question if at all possible. Anyone have any suggestions?