Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

Dawnsly

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 19, 2013

Hello I am new to the world of Ipad and forums but seem to be a fast learner. According to Apple the Ipad battery usage is good for 10 hours. I did a little snooping to find out how to increase or maintain battery usage time. After the push mail turn off and the WiFi turn off if not using it I also tried the brightness. I have huge issues with my eyes and light to begin with so dialling down the brightness for me was a no brainer. I use my Ipad mainly for reading my IBooks of which I have over 600. Long story shortened I now get 13 hours and 40 minutes with 25% battery usage left! Wonder if that is a record? :)
(Posted this in hopes of helping someone else out).

beautifulcoder

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2013
The Republic of Texas
Same here. I am now getting 15 hours total which is about a week's worth of computing for me.

This came about after having a discussion with a colleague about services. His whole premise was that apps should be allowed to run in the background without you knowing. I argued there is already a definition for that and it is called a virus. Long story short, it got me thinking in terms of: if there is a service I don't need, kill it. Apple is very conservative about what services are allowed in their ecosystem which is a plus. But there are just myriads of things I don't care about. :apple:

Comment

Batavian

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
For additional power savings....

If you don't use it, you can turn off Bluetooth.

If you don't travel, you can turn off Location (now called Privacy).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.