iPad Increase Battery Usage Time

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dawnsly, May 19, 2013.

1. Dawnsly macrumors newbie

Hello I am new to the world of Ipad and forums but seem to be a fast learner. According to Apple the Ipad battery usage is good for 10 hours. I did a little snooping to find out how to increase or maintain battery usage time. After the push mail turn off and the WiFi turn off if not using it I also tried the brightness. I have huge issues with my eyes and light to begin with so dialling down the brightness for me was a no brainer. I use my Ipad mainly for reading my IBooks of which I have over 600. Long story shortened I now get 13 hours and 40 minutes with 25% battery usage left! Wonder if that is a record? :)
    (Posted this in hopes of helping someone else out).

2. beautifulcoder macrumors regular

Same here. I am now getting 15 hours total which is about a week's worth of computing for me.

This came about after having a discussion with a colleague about services. His whole premise was that apps should be allowed to run in the background without you knowing. I argued there is already a definition for that and it is called a virus. Long story short, it got me thinking in terms of: if there is a service I don't need, kill it. Apple is very conservative about what services are allowed in their ecosystem which is a plus. But there are just myriads of things I don't care about. :apple:

3. Batavian macrumors 6502

Batavian

For additional power savings....

If you don't use it, you can turn off Bluetooth.

If you don't travel, you can turn off Location (now called Privacy).