iPad Increase Calendar and Contacts Font Size in iOS 7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by iamMacPerson, Jan 29, 2014.

1. iamMacPerson macrumors 68030

iamMacPerson

I have a friend who has a hard time seeing and they own an iPad mini. The Apple Store just replaced it for them and it came pre-installed with iOS 7 (they were running iOS 6). They have increased the Dynamic Text size and turned on Bold Text. Unfortunately, they still have a hard time reading certain text in the Calendar and Contacts app. Is there anyway to increase the size of the text in these apps or change the System Font?

2. sbailey4 macrumors 68030

sbailey4

I cannot remember if the "Larger Text" button is in iOS 7.0.4 or not but that is a setting in 7.1 that should resolve it for you. Switch that on and adjust the text and it can be huge. I know there was a slider even in iOS 6 that makes the font size larger. Look in the general> accessibility options.

3. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

No I don't think these font settings affect the Contact sheets or the Calendar, which is unfortunate.

4. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

Only where "Dynamic" text is supported will the text size increase. It's because large text in the layouts would ruin them. Does seem like there's a little room for size, though.

Personally, I've jailbroken and I'm using Bytafont 2 with an alternate font that seems to be just a bit more legible.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

If they cannot see with Bold Text turned on, they may want to get the full sized iPad.