Increase font size for all of my mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by mary86004, Oct 21, 2011.

1. mary86004 macrumors member

I downloaded some updates for 10.6.8 and then my setting changed for font size. Everything seemed smaller. I went to finder, view and view options and increased the sized.
    Still somethings seem to small. Is it my imagination that they were bigger before? When I have the finder window open, it is obvious that the text in the window ie the files listed that I am searching for, are larger. But on the left where it has devices, places and search for, that seems smaller too.
    I don't know the word for it but when I have a program open, the blue bar along the top that says, File, Edit View, Tools Window, Help - the text on it seems smaller. is there a way to increase this font size?
    Thanks if you have any tips for me.

2. simsaladimbamba

Can you make a screenshot (whole desktop including the "Menu Bar" 8bar on top) and attach it to your next post?

3. mary86004 thread starter macrumors member

photo of desktop

I have attached the picture of the desktop. You can see that my files on the desktop have larger text and the menu bar text does not. Also when I click on File for example, the text in the menu is small just like the menu bar.[​IMG]

I hope I have attached the photo right. I uploaded it to picasa and provided a link. Isn't there a way to attached a file from my computer directly to the post? I clicked on the insert image icon and it asked for an http so I uploaded the photo.

Thanks.

----------

It doesn't look like it attached. here is the link
    https://picasaweb.google.com/mary86004/October212011

I will also try attaching again.[​IMG]

4. simsaladimbamba

Haven't you looked at this? I linked to it earlier:

That Picasa album gives me this:

5. mary86004, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

mary86004 thread starter macrumors member

//https://picasaweb.google.com/mary86004/October212011#5666052708988283618

I am not if this did it. I will play around with it for a few minutes

6. simsaladimbamba

Just use one of the services I describe in the guide I linked to. Picasa does not seem to like you.

7. mary86004 thread starter macrumors member

privacy settings

Maybe it doesn't like me.
    If you can't click on any of the links I put before, let me know and I will try one of the other services.
    I just went into picasa and changed the privacy settings. I think that may have done it.

8. simsaladimbamba

Your screenshot:
    [​IMG]
    The code looks like this:
    Code:
    [plain][IMG]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-2fGtaPKiG8c/TqHc6zXi6uI/AAAAAAAAAPU/aj4uyU0HZRM/s640/Desktop%2525202011-10-21%252520at%2525201.52.jpg[/IMG][/plain]
    To get that long address:
    [​IMG]

The Menu Bar font is the same size as mine (but to verify 100% it would be nice to have the whole screenshot in its original dimensions, which you can upload to one of the services I linked to in my guide).
    The font in Finder's Sidebar is the same as mine, only the font on the right side and on the Desktop is bigger, which you can change via CMD+J (Show VIEW OPTIONS).

CMD+J on DESKTOP
    [​IMG]

CMD+J when a Finder window is selected
    [​IMG]

9. mary86004 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks

Wow! Thanks for all the info. You sure know how to answer a question clearly.
    I made some of the changes you suggested. I am not going to worry about the menu bar. I think that is how it was.