increase Mail.app viewing font size

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by hehe299792458, Mar 1, 2017.

1. hehe299792458 macrumors 6502a

hehe299792458

I wanted to increase the viewing font size without changing the actual size of the text that is sent out. Is that possible?

If I go into Settings -?=> Font Size -> message font, and increase that size, then my outgoing messages are are going to my affected. But I just want the font to my larger on my display without it being formatted into the message

2. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

you could use command +

this is temporary, but you can increase (or decrease, with command - ) what you're viewing in an app... like Mail.

EDIT: ah, sorry. this only works for viewing email that's come IN to Mail...

3. Mufasa804 macrumors regular

I am also looking for a way to increase viewing font size.

4. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

outside of changing the screen resolution itself, the only other thing i could figure out was, to increase the font size in mail, then, after writing an email, size it down (ie to 12pt or something). not very useful...

EDIT: zoom. i turned on the keyboard control of zoom (in system preferences>accessibility>zoom.
    when i hit command-option-8, everything is enlarged. hitting that key combo again, restores to normal...

5. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

There used to be a Terminal command that would allow a per-app system resolution setting.

A lot of vision-impaired folks use webmail for the OP's wishes.

6. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

I you select Classic view in Mail > Preferences > Viewing you can select font for List.