increase reminder vibration and sond

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by mikehowardjc, May 22, 2017.

1. mikehowardjc macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Just got an apple watch and I really do like it. One of the features I like is to say, "Remind me to _____ in ____ minutes". Works well but I can only get it to ring and vibrate once on the apple watch. On the phone I can get it to ring and vibrate multiple of times. Sometimes my attention is really on something so I need more than one beep with vibration. Anybody know how I can get the watch to ring and vibrate a multiple of times when using the reminders app on the apple watch.

MIke

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 65816

Hermes Monster

I don't think you can set it to alert multiple times, but you can increase the haptic strength and enable prominent haptic, which may help - on the watch > setting > sounds and haptics

3. jakerichva macrumors member

Or you can say "Set a timer for x minutes" and the timer will chime/tap until you respond. It won't tell you why, but it will at least keep chiming.

4. mikehowardjc thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, how about this. Is there anyway that I can get both the watch and iphone to go off when a reminder goes off?

5. jakerichva macrumors member

Again, a timer set on the iPhone, and then letting the iPhone display go dark, or press the side key to make the screen dark, will trigger the timer alert to sound on the AW and the iPhone. But again, no reminder of why.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

If your iPhone is locked it will NOT sound alerts (except for a phone call or timers/alarms set ON the iPhone). This is the way the :apple:Watch works since the iPhone making an alarm would be redundant.

7. jakerichva macrumors member

That's what I said. But the iPhone HAS to be locked for the watch to be notified and sound off.

8. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

There must be third party app that can achieve this I would imagine.