increased xBench-benchmark due to leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Draddy, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Draddy macrumors regular

So my xbench mark has increased by almost 20 points, and I don't think the extra gig of memory did it (since I actually scored lower on the memory part).

Does this mean leopard has actually increased performance a bit?

now this first picture shows a result that concerns me, any thoughts as to why?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i have no idea as i did a geekbench comparison and it decreased with leopard. also did xbench and it increased lol. i dont know which to trust

3. Draddy thread starter macrumors regular

let's go with xbench ;)

4. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

you should have used the same version of xbench for your comparisions.

with 1.3 on my macbook 2.0 cd 2 gig i got a score of just under 117

5. Guiltygugu macrumors member

Xbench Score

I have an iMac 2.4ghz 24", I used to have a score of around 149, and now im up to 160 with leopard.

Not too sure if my mac should be getting a score of 160, compared to other recent iMacs on the xbench comparison site there were some 2.8ghz machines that were below my score of 160

6. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I wouldn't worry about it, random 4k block writes are never going to be particularly quick. Even on my RAID0 volume on my Mac Pro it only manages about 2.5MB/sec for that test. Where as it gets 136MB/sec for sequential writes.

7. Draddy thread starter macrumors regular

I have the same computer as you, how is mine benched so much slower than yours?

8. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

xbench is not a good benchmarking utility to comparing different machines. the discrepancy between our machines should illustrate this i will say i like comparing results to my machine when i modify something

try geekbench. i think people tend to think it is a more solid benchmark program. saying that i got a score of just above 2500