Increasing Airport Reception? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Snowy_River, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

I work somewhere where we have a free wireless internet access, but it's a bit flaky, especially at my desk. This wouldn't be an issue, but I'm not allowed to plug my PowerBook into the LAN. :rolleyes:

Oh well. What I'm looking for is an easy way to increase my PB's Airport reception so I can more reliably get onto the network from my desk. I've come across mention of it being easy to do on the 15" PB (usually in an article explaining how to do it the hard way on a 12" PB), but haven't been able to find an explanation about how, exactly, this can be done. Are there any suggestions?

1.67 GHz 15" G4 PowerBook

2. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

3. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Yeah. Seen those. Trying to avoid spending hundreds of dollars to do this, though...

4. ldrhawke macrumors newbie

"I wanted to boost a weak signal from my Airport Extreme signal to my MacPro. QuickerTek advertises and sells booster antennas for both, which they promise a significant improvement in performance. I purchased directly from Quickertek, on the internet, antennas for both the MacPro and Airport.

After installing the antenna in the MacPro I experienced poorer performance than the original Apple WiFi card. I called them to reviewed the problem, for which they had no answer to solve the problem. I then requested a refund and return authorization since the product did not work. They said just to return the antennas. I returned both for what I thought would be a refund.

I just received a letter for credit which can only buy other products they make, in which they state they will not refund the money that I have paid. It is not clearly noted anywhere on their web site that they do not refund, it is only on the back of the receipt for payment they send, after you have made a purchase. It states they will only give you a credit to purchase other of their products and that even has to be used within 30 days, or they keep your money. Since I have no need for any of their other products, I obviously have just been taken by QuickerTek for hundreds of dollars.

They advertise their products are guaranteed. The only thing your guaranteed from QuickerTek is they will not give you your money back when their product fails to perform. This is a fraudulent and dishonest practice, and the same as stealing.

I cannot recommend anyone doing business with QuickerTek or the quality of their products."