Increasing FPS // world of warcraft

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by noahway, Aug 6, 2011.

1. noahway macrumors newbie

I've had my macbook for about 3 years..
    I've played wow more than enough times with normal fps... 30 to 40... i went to bootcamp about 9 months ago... leaving with wow running completely fine.. after returning from bootcamp i log in and the highest fps i can get is 3... what could of happen? is there a way to clean up my mac... something that will boost the fps? all the settings are low in game..

2. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Video games nearly always run better in Windows than OS X on the same Mac. Portal and Half-Life 2 run well in Windows 7 on my MacBook but are unplayable under OS X on the same computer.

It's a combination of Apple's poor implementation of OpenGL and poor coding for OS X ports. Just boot into Windows to play WoW, that's your best option. You could try increasing your RAM to see if that will help at all, but it will only help if you don't have enough RAM right now. It almost certainly won't boost you from 3 fps to 30+ fps. Make sure you don't have anything running in the background like TimeMachine. That will also serve to slow down any games.