Increasing macbook volume

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by tetramed, Apr 14, 2007.

1. tetramed macrumors newbie

Hi

Is there a way to increase the volume of my macbook (iTunes)? I like to listen to podcasts while cooking or cleaning the toilet and thelike.. and the volume of my macbook (even with 10.4.9) is just a little to low..

thanks

2. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

In the White Apple Bar at the top of your screen (Where File, Edit, etc is.). Go to the right where the time is. To the left of the Date & Time, there should be icons for Airport, Bluetooth, and Sound by default. Click the sound button and you can adjust it there. :)

Also, Welcome to Mac Rumors.

3. tetramed thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot, i discovert the volume control just yesterday :) can i go even louder? (beyond the basic settings?) also please excuse my amateur-englisch :)

4. psycoswimmer macrumors 65816

psycoswimmer

That's okay about your English! It's really easy to read and very understandable. :)

Did you upgrade to the 10.4.9 update? If not, go to the apple menu (top left corner of your mac) - Software Update. The .9 update increased the volume of the Macs a lot. If that still is not enough, I'd have to suggest buying some external speakers for your MB.

5. tetramed thread starter macrumors newbie

the external speakers it is then.. thanks for advice :)