Increasing sound quality

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Mac?Daddy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Mac?Daddy macrumors member

Does anyone know of a way to increase the sound quality through the headphone jack on an iPhone 3G. I've found that the sound quality on the iPhone is really crappy in comparison to other iPods (Which are really crappy in comparison to brands like cowon)

2. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

My guess is that it is what it is. Are you listening through headphones or are you referring to using an external speaker? One possibility (just a shot in the dark) is that you may be overdriving the signal into the speakers. Are the headphones you're using powered?

3. Mac?Daddy thread starter macrumors member

I'm using bose over ear headphones (Set me back $200 and are an eargasm when combined with itunes + SRS iWow)

4. hierobryan macrumors 6502a

There's your problem...seriously. Get REAL headphones, perhaps a Grado, Sennheiser, or Ultimate Ears. Bose is crap made for the uninformed masses.

5. bmb012 macrumors 6502

I tried some Bose headphones when I was in the new Apple Store over here the other day. God they were awful, had to make sure they were turned on, as my Audio Technica headphones ($130, incredible sound normally, and mind bogglingly good sound with SRS WOW) sound muffled like that when the noise canceling is off. That being said, raw iPhone output will never sound as good as iTunes with SRS WOW.