Increasing the Toolbar Icon size

Discussion in 'macOS' started by buzzwhirlwind, Jul 8, 2009.

1. buzzwhirlwind macrumors newbie

Hey All,

New to Macs and struggling a bit with the high res/ average eye sight combo.

I've managed to get most of my apps text sizes ok for me to see (though FF skews things up a bit), but I find my toolbar icons and text size to be a bit small for me.

Two main apps cause me grief. Mail and Office. I can't seem ti find anywhere where I can increase the size of the toolbar icons. In mail i can use Large icons, but that doesn't affect the toolbar. In Office (mainly Word/Excel) I can't seem to find anything at all.

Yes I could also lower the res, but with the text itself ok, this seems a shame if there is a way to increase the toolbar icon/text sizes.

Anybody got any clues?

2. adamfishercox macrumors 6502

Nope, theres no way in those apps that large icons don't work for. Unless you want to enable resolution independence, but that's a whole other can of worms and generally looks like crap.

3. buzzwhirlwind thread starter macrumors newbie

4. mags631 Guest

You can temporarily and quickly zoom in and out of the screen area around your mouse cursor by holding down the "control" key and rolling the mouse scroll wheel. You may need to enable this option in the Keyboard & Mouse system preference. Look at the "Zoom using scroll wheel while holding..." option in the Mouse tab.

5. mrchinchilla macrumors 6502

mrchinchilla

You could try Cmd+Clicking the pill box on the top right of the window. It alternates through Icons & Text, Icons, Text etc. And I'm pretty sure one makes the icons slightly bigger.

6. buzzwhirlwind thread starter macrumors newbie

Yep, that brings up that in Mail at least, but you can't actually increase the size of the icons. Man, it's annoying...